New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
    I only had an hour to workout so I had to hump it to get it all in. They're gonna have to mop the entire facility after I left.
    Super and Giant sets are a way to kick up the intensity as well.

Comment

Back at it this morning. I slept pretty well to boot! legs and shoulders this morning. Squats/lateral raises/incline leg raises, incline leg press/incline front raises/ab roller, rear delt cable pulls/hanging leg raises. Spent a little too much time flapping my yap about deer hunting and didn't get my Arnold press and walking lunges in. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Extra long warm up for the knees. They still are acting up. Kept the weights low and reps up.

High bar squat
        Leg press narrow and wide positioning super set
        Seated leg curls/calve press super set

Low back is pumped and irritated. Knees are too but better than expected.

At a cross in the roads right now. I need to keep in dropping weight but don't want to stop lifting heavy. At least heavy for me. Do y'alls minds play tricks on ya as well? What do you do to keep focused on your goals? **** mind games!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
          Extra long warm up for the knees. They still are acting up. Kept the weights low and reps up.

High bar squat
          Leg press narrow and wide positioning super set
          Seated leg curls/calve press super set

Low back is pumped and irritated. Knees are too but better than expected.

At a cross in the roads right now. I need to keep in dropping weight but don't want to stop lifting heavy. At least heavy for me. Do y'alls minds play tricks on ya as well? What do you do to keep focused on your goals? **** mind games!

I quit lifting "heavy" (to me) when I turned 35. I rarely if ever lift below a rep range of 8-10, prefer 12-15.... hate 30-50 ( but it works )

At my age, I'm not making any more muscle than I've made in the past. I have found my natural "ceiling", and while it hurt my ego it helped my workouts and diet planning

Lift in a safe range and up reps to failure. Your muscles have no idea what number is on the weight. And I have tractors to lift anything I can't

Comment

Crazy schedule today, looked like I might be burning th midnight oil to get in today's workout, but plans fell in place and 5:30 I should get to the gym. This week, I feel much better in the gym. The workout is one that I like and have had success with and the diet fuels me enough to preform and still loose FAT... vs the @&$*^# keto I been doing for 9 weeks

Comment

I'm sceptical about the keto diet. I pretty much eat what I want, just portion control. I've never been really big on sweets and desserts though, I can take em or leave em. Got the back worked today!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've "finished out" the last two years on Keto to get that last 1/2%-1% off.... but always came at a 50/50 loss of muscle. But I'd trade that in that stage of the game. I started at a higher bf this year and thought I would give it a test run since I chart everything

22 lbs loss in 9 week....10 was muscle and I'm higher bF than usual... but not by very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                  I'm sceptical about the keto diet. I pretty much eat what I want, just portion control. I've never been really big on sweets and desserts though, I can take em or leave em. Got the back worked today!

If you're having good success with what your currently doing and you're happy with it, don't fix what is not broken. Keep on trucking.

Comment

.... almost finished. Arms and calves done. 1/3 abs done and got called back to work... to push a reset button

Will finish abs at home

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      .... almost finished. Arms and calves done. 1/3 abs done and got called back to work... to push a reset button

Will finish abs at home
                      To push a reset button. That's a pisser.

Comment

Reset button calls are ok, when you get paid 3 hours of overtime to do it![emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          Reset button calls are ok, when you get paid 3 hours of overtime to do it![emoji41]

I run a dairy.... I don't get paid anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            I run a dairy.... I don't get paid anyway
                            Oh, that sucks then!

Comment

Shoulders done.....check
                              Shoulders on fire.....double check

Wide grip pull ups/Standing BB OHP 5x5
                              Close grip pull ups/Z - Press 5x5
                              BB row / DB press 5x5
                              DB Lateral raises 3 x 15 for a good finishing pump
                              45 lb plate farmers carry around the inside of the gym, 1 circle. Killed the shoulders and traps. Big burn, felt good.

Sluggish start to work out. Not to much energy. Felt off and foggy through out the whole session.

Comment

A little cardio today and lots of bicep/tricep supersets.

Comment

Working...
                                X