New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
    Rockin' the dadbod world! Wait, make that grand dad!
    I hear you on this. I will be 54 next week and even with all the work and eating properly, I cant seem to get down past 17-18% body fat. Everyone says, oh you look great for your age, well I dont want to look great for my age. I want to look good for any age. Im due for a physical so Im going to ask the doc about the pros and cons of using testosterone. Ive been against it so far but Im willing to listen at this point. It is amazing how many guys in the gym, even the younger ones, are taking testosterone.

Cardio, shoulders, traps, and calves today.

Comment

45 mins of cardio and a circuit of abs this morning

Chest and tris was yesterday

Back and bi's tomorrow

Comment

A friend of mine got the testosterone pellets in the butt cheeks. He didn't much care for it. Said it hurt to start with, and he noticed more of a temper. I think several oil field guys get the shot.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I hear ya load and clear...

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          I hear you on this. I will be 54 next week and even with all the work and eating properly, I cant seem to get down past 17-18% body fat. Everyone says, oh you look great for your age, well I dont want to look great for my age. I want to look good for any age. Im due for a physical so Im going to ask the doc about the pros and cons of using testosterone. Ive been against it so far but Im willing to listen at this point. It is amazing how many guys in the gym, even the younger ones, are taking testosterone.

Cardio, shoulders, traps, and calves today.
          I'm 58 and struggle with the same issue. I'm trying to reduce my carb intake. I'm not trying to do keto, but modify it a little. However, that ice cream I had for dessert last night, and the fried chicken I had for lunch today didn't help any. I've stayed in the 16-18% range for a couple of years. My goal this year has been 12% Bf and increase my weight from 225-235. i get compliments all the time about my physique, but I'm like you. It ain't good enough.

I had my testosterone checked once about 3 years ago and the dr. said it was normal. Well when I looked at the results it was like 500 I believe. The range was 300-1500. Well, I'm at the low end of the normal range. I've considered talking to my dr. about it AGAIN, and may do it next week when I meet with him for my annual physical.

Comment

I'm 58 and struggle with the same issue. I'm trying to reduce my carb intake. I'm not trying to do keto, but modify it a little. However, that ice cream I had for dessert last night, and the fried chicken I had for lunch today didn't help any. I've stayed in the 16-18% range for a couple of years. My goal this year has been 12% Bf and increase my weight from 225-235. i get compliments all the time about my physique, but I'm like you. It ain't good enough.

I had my testosterone checked once about 3 years ago and the dr. said it was normal. Well when I looked at the results it was like 500 I believe. The range was 300-1500. Well, I'm at the low end of the normal range. I've considered talking to my dr. about it AGAIN, and may do it next week when I meet with him for my annual physical.
            Well you have me beat. I had mine tested a couple years ago and it was in the 340 range. The thing is I dont suffer from mood swings, energy issues or other things associated with low t. I just have a real hard time putting on muscle and keeping it on. And this little belly fat seems like it has taken up permanent residence lol.

The guys in the gym all say they are doing shots either every week or every other week. Never heard about the pellets in the butt. Maybe they need to consult with the Double Down folks on their pellet composition.

Comment

I have energy issues for sure, but somehow think that getting up at 0445 every morning 5 days a week and kicking my own arse may have something to do with it. I don't know anyone that's taking the shots, young or old. The early morning crew is mostly older folks with jobs. The afternoon/evening crown is the guys with no necks and claim they eat a lot of tuna

I can't put on mass either. I've thought about asking the doc about HGH too. Pretty sure he ain't gonna do that!

And ain't no one putting no pellet in my gluteus either!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Never heard about the pellets in the butt. Maybe they need to consult with the Double Down folks on their pellet composition.

And ain't no one putting no pellet in my gluteus either!
                Lmao! They make an incision and put the pellets just under the skin. They are time release and last about 6 months. The lower your T level, the more pellets you get. They're also doing this with women with low estrogen.

Last edited by Muskles; 07-25-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah, my ex-wife used to get those pellets. That's exactly why I ain't getting one. No stitches in my tush!

Comment

Ha ha, I know that's right! We gave him hell!

Comment

Leg day. Second day back is not much better than the first!

Comment

I don't have the time now to comment on the "low T", but when I get caught up I'll type that 5 page summary.... I'll make it as short as I can

And unless you have H.I.V......... probably won't be getting a HGH prescription either... from a legit Dr

Comment

Wasn't feeling it today, but got it done anyway. Woke up feeling ok, but then got a little nauseated for some reason. Seems better now. No preworkout this AM since I get blood work done at 10 AM for next weeks Dr. appointment. I hate fasting. Especially until 10 AM! I'll have to complain about that! A spin off of a timed workout this morning. It's designed for chest and back, but I altered it for biceps. Flat bench max reps in 4 minutes with 15 seconds rest between sets, z bar curls max reps in 3 minutes same rest, incline dumbbell press max reps in 4 minutes, preacher curl max reps in 3 minutes, wide grip seated press max reps in 4 minutes, hammer curl bar max reps in 3 minutes. I had plenty of time to do more, but got afraid I'd hurl all over the floor.

Nurses always tel me they like my veins. They should have no problem hitting the mark this morning!

Comment

Chest and cardio this morning

Yea, I had a nurse dang near orgasmic last check up when she saw my arms. Lol

What blood test you getting?

Comment

My annual check. Complete lipid panel. This is the time of year that I get to listen to my doctor tell me to quit eating like I do (which I'm getting better at ) and YADA YADA YADA! He and I do have an agreement. As long as my PSA stays down, he and I won't become better "friends" if you understand what I"m saying.

Last year BP was 118/86. Not happy about the diastolic, but it is what it is.

LDL- 165
                              HDL-45
                              Triglycerides-226
                              Cholesterol-271
                              Testosterone, serum was 526 in 2012
                              BMI-26 I don't put a lot of stock into BMI.

Not real happy with those numbers. Part of its genetics, part is diet. I've taken Lipitor for a long time and haven't taken it in the year prior to those tests. Haven't taken it this year either hoping that I can change diet a little and make them come down. We shall see.

Just got stuck. And yes, she loved my veins! LOL
                              Last edited by SabreKiller; 07-26-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Two circuits today. Deadlifts, one arm rows, v situps, bicep curls 4x10. RDLs, chest press, seated twists with 20lb ball, dips 4x10. Finish up with more ab work and some cardio.

Sabre, I can tell you Im never getting on any of that cholesterol medicine. It is the devil as far as Im concerned. Last time I had mine numbers checked they werent great but they are decent. Im surprised they let you work out prior to having the tests done, last time I was told no exercise 24(may have been 48) hours prior to test as well as a fasting time.

My 29 yr son just texted me that he is down to 13% BF as of this morning. I congratulated him and then told him to hang on because it aint fun being 50+.

Comment

Working...
                                X