No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drank a medium sized Gatorade in there as well.

Comment

And did 8 clean/ jerk with over head press with 2 7/8" pipe 18'6" long (whatever that weighs)..... that's as close to crossfit as I get

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        And did 8 clean/ jerk with over head press with 2 7/8" pipe 18'6" long (whatever that weighs)..... that's as close to crossfit as I get
        Sounds like a helluva workout!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
          I'm still at it, this week was the second recovery phase at the end of P90X phase 2. I'll start the last month next week. I love it, but I'm ready to be done because the workouts take sooooo long.
          I did P90X twice, maybe 3 times, not sure. I loved it! I still mix in the stretch video every couple weeks. Also do kenpo from time to time. An hour to an hour and a half isn't that long for most people, but it's longer than I wanted also. Haven't checked out P90X 3 much, but it doesn't look like the same kind of workout. A lot of the reason P90X works so well, I think, is because you warm up and cool down for so long. That's also why the videos are longer.

Comment

A little walk, stretching and mobility day.

Comment

Cardio, shoulders, traps, calves and stretching.....about 2 hrs total in the gym. Starting to feel really good again. Feeling my legs big time from yesterday's workout. They are probably going to be screaming at me manana.

Comment

I didn't make it Saturday since I had a lot going on that day. Gym is closed on Sunday, but I made it this AM. Back and legs. Bent over rows/leg extensions, hack squats/calf raises/v-bar pullups, seated rows/hanging leg raises.

Comment

Sunday was more yard work and shoveling the dirt from the holes dug for the 1920 lbs of concrete. This morning was arms and cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                    I did P90X twice, maybe 3 times, not sure. I loved it! I still mix in the stretch video every couple weeks. Also do kenpo from time to time. An hour to an hour and a half isn't that long for most people, but it's longer than I wanted also. Haven't checked out P90X 3 much, but it doesn't look like the same kind of workout. A lot of the reason P90X works so well, I think, is because you warm up and cool down for so long. That's also why the videos are longer.

I've considered P90X 3 and the P90X Insanity. This is my 3rd time on the original P90X. I've gotten results every time!! I went in this time trying to maintain my weight, but I've still dropped around 5-6 lbs. But I'm upping my reps on everything on just about every workout, even if it's just by 1 or 2 reps. I feel like I'm starving all day but I'm still eating around 3k calories. Through deer season I'll just walk a lot and do body weight workouts, then I'm gonna try something new for next spring/summer, I'm just not sure what.

Comment

I know some of you guys will remember when I first started posting on these threads, but I don't think I've ever shared pics. This was me in 2009.

This pic is from yesterday.

From 364 at my heaviest to 180. The only thing I did other than eating right and working out, was when I first started my doc gave me a script for Phentermine for 90 days. I lost enough weight in those 3 months to get me jump started I guess and just took it from there. I'm know God helped me along the way too, but I've made being healthy a way of life. Just thought I'd share some before and after pics since I don't think I ever did!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations CRM! Keep it up!

Comment

Blue writing was my cholesterol numbers last Fall. Black are now. Started BJJ and MMA training last winter at 41 years old. I don't think you'll ever see me fighting on a pay per view but it is driving me to workout harder and eat better than I ever have.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                            I know some of you guys will remember when I first started posting on these threads, but I don't think I've ever shared pics. This was me in 2009.

This pic is from yesterday.

From 364 at my heaviest to 180. The only thing I did other than eating right and working out, was when I first started my doc gave me a script for Phentermine for 90 days. I lost enough weight in those 3 months to get me jump started I guess and just took it from there. I'm know God helped me along the way too, but I've made being healthy a way of life. Just thought I'd share some before and after pics since I don't think I ever did!!

That's awesome! At my heaviest, I was around 310 (scale said 306 but it was always about 5 pounds lower than the Dr's scale) and today I float between 218-225. I've had to make eating better a normal way of life and along with working out, it has made the results happen. I try to run a 5k once a month and did the Tough Mudder Half a few months ago. I never thought I'd be able to do this stuff a few years ago and I'm 44 now, still have a few pounds around the middle I want to whittle off but I know I'll get there if I keep things up.

For working out, I do a spin class twice a week, Krav Maga once or twice a week (I'm pretty new to this), and weight lifting 4-5 days per week.

Comment

Didn't get it done today. Woke up at 0130 and didn't go back to sleep until close to 0400. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Ran 5 miles this morning

Comment

Working...
                                X