New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got them done..

Took the day off Friday for travel/graduation and went to the gym at 0900. It was pretty much a beat down. About the only thing I didn't specifically target was back and triceps. Squats, lateral raises, hack squats, front plate raise, rear delt cable pulls, calf raises, heck I can't remember all that I did. I do remember not being able to stand up very well after travelling to Thorndale for graduation.

Skipped Monday and went this morning. Shoulders and hammies were on the menu. Dead lifts/seated lateral raises, prone leg curls/clean and press, rear delt cable pulls/front plate raise/incline situps/leg raises.

Tomorrow is gonna be quads and back.

Comment

Chest, tri's and cardio yesterday

Bi's, back, and abs today

Tried doing some straight bar curls and my forearms were having none of that

So looks like for the next few weeks it's strictly dumbbells for bi's

Comment

Kilt it this eve!
        Question..If you saw someone who doesn't work out very often,but obviously trying..Would you offer a little advice if you seen them doing something futile?
        I'm by no means a know it all..I've always been very humble,and tactful when I offer...I've only done it a few times over the years.I've done it twice in the last few weeks,and a lady thanked me profusely earlier.
        I showed her "lay down tricep" curls a few weeks ago vs. Skull crushers..She showed me her tri's earlier,and was super proud!
        I always walk away thinking,you dummy...Nobody wants to hear that,but this was the first time anyone showed me the results!
        She went on,and on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
          Kilt it this eve!
          Question..If you saw someone who doesn't work out very often,but obviously trying..Would you offer a little advice if you seen them doing something futile?
          I'm by no means a know it all..I've always been very humble,and tactful when I offer...I've only done it a few times over the years.I've done it twice in the last few weeks,and a lady thanked me profusely earlier.
          I showed her "lay down tricep" curls a few weeks ago vs. Skull crushers..She showed me her tri's earlier,and was super proud!
          I always walk away thinking,you dummy...Nobody wants to hear that,but this was the first time anyone showed me the results!
          She went on,and on

I battle this thought every now and then.

I don't believe I have the proper build yet to give instruction.
          Once I'm at that point I'll offer to help every now and then

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
            Kilt it this eve!
            She went on,and on

I have a few friends at work that "want" to exercise. I also am not a physical therapist, but I try to "help" where I can. I've let several family and friends borrow my videos and schedules. None have showed me any results!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              I battle this thought every now and then.

I don't believe I have the proper build yet to give instruction.
              Once I'm at that point I'll offer to help every now and then
              Totally understand..I had a 65 yr old man tell me once to "stop kicking so hard"."Unless you're Michael Phelps in the Olympics,you're wasting energy"
              He was soo right..Kick just enough to stay level.He was a retired Missouri University swim coach!lol
              Guys,and gals seem to listen to me when I give em a tip in the right setting(just us,no one around) ..Mind you..I'm not giving tips out to fit folks..I'm giving them to people that are working their butt's off,to get fit.
              It was pretty cool.She told me she thought I was one of the trainers because I'm in there everday..I told her I was just a bum,and on many days there's Michelob in that Yeti cup! She laughed.

Comment

I used to do it all the time...

cuz I worked in a gym as a trainer. But, I only do it if I see someone using incorrect form and can potentially hurt themselves or they ask for help.

Today was quads and back. Last week of 5X5 supersets then going back to the 10X10. Front squats/wide grip pullups, leg extensions/seated row, bent over barbell rows/v-bar pullups, threw in multiple sets of incline situps and hanging leg raises as well.

Tomorrow will be chest and biceps.

Comment

Shoulders and legs today

I almost chickened out on legs but forced myself to do them.

Then walked the dog about 2 miles for my cardio.

Chest and tri's tomorrow!

Comment

Yesterday was supposed to be legs, but I had to be at work at 1 AM and worked a 13 hour shift. Got off around 2, went to the BIL to haul living room furniture to the landfill. By the time I got home, I was whooped. Didn't figure I would be able to give it my all. I didn't skip it this time though, pushed it back to today. Dam you build legs workout!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

0400 comes early...

especially when you don't sleep very well. I got my outta bed though and made it in. Chest and biceps today. Staying on the superset bandwagon. Chest fly/preacher curl, incline dumbbell press/barbell curl, wide grip chest press/incline dumbbell curls, pushups/overhead cable curls. Finished it off with hammer curls. Then I went into the box and laid down on the floor. haha!

Tomorrow will be legs and triceps.

Comment

It feels good...

to sleep all night for a change! Over slept a little but still made it in time to get it done. Legs and triceps today. I may hit it tomorrow as well.

Comment

Wasnt feeling it yesterday so called it done after I got my chest work done.

Comment

Chest and tri's yesterday along with a little cardio

After work will be Back and bi's with core

Wedding up in Fredericksburg so Saturday will be a off day

Comment

Got in 4 different workouts this week. I think I may finally be back after getting sick two different times from work trips to Corpus Christie. That air around the refineries must be brutal. Here's to hard workouts this summer with my soon to be sophomore football player.

Comment

Big workout this morning.Heavy bag for 13 mins,followed.(eyes open,knees bent,switching leads) Spent..

Comment

Working...
                                X