lymphoma cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiechick View Post
    They gave my husband a medicated oral rinse for hin to use daily to keep the sores at bay and it worked very well. I believe it was peridex.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    I am asking ESP (My brother) as well. See if we come up with the same. Thanks Jennifer..

Comment

I have no advise but I will tell you this my dad found out in 1966 that he had lymphoma cancer and it sounds similar to yours. He had a lot of his chest tissue removed and had a sunken chest. He passed away 3 years ago at 72 from heart issues, he never had cancer again so don't give up this is beatable. I will keep you in my prayers.

Comment

The mouth sores seem pretty controlled by the saltwater rinse but my issue is my salivary glands get inflamed some. I'm not sure if the the same mouth sore prescription would be beneficial. My number is 5124268088. Feel free to text me.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
          Very sorry to hear about this and I will keep you in my prayers. As several people have mentioned already, a positive attitude is the only way to beat this and you sure seem to be on the right track there.

Reading your post I saw where you mentioned you haven't had a chance to hunt in the last several years, and that's just too long. I'd like to do something about that. A good friend and I, along with my dad and a few others (some of them TBHers) started a non-profit to take kids and young adults in your shoes on hunts. I'm not sure if your treatment schedule would allow you to do something soon, but we would like to take you on a trophy exotic hunt as soon as your schedule is open and you are feeling up to it. This will be at absolutely zero cost to you. We would just like to help you get your mind off what all is going on and have some fellowship with us at one of my ranches. There a couple of TBHers that we have done hunts for in the past for their kids and family that could chime in on what we do. If you want to PM me your phone number or call/text me any time, I would gladly get you info and get something scheduled. 806 206 3289. As I said, this won't cost you a dime. We cover all travel, hunt, meals/lodging, meat processing and taxidermy for you. You just come and have a good time.
          I don't have the words other than to just say this is AWESOME!!!!

Still in my prayers Brandon! You got this!

Comment

Prayers for you and everyone that is fighting cancer!

J-J Matt yall are awesome!

Comment

His doc told him to call her and ask for Magic Mouthwash if he had mouth sores. So, please call your doctor. Between this and Aggiechick's mouthwash name, I hope we can get you the proper item. Angie

Comment

Just waiting for the call back from my dr. I was just told the mouth wash needed his approval. Hopefully that'll ease these glands some. My neck is enlarged some. Thank yall

Comment

Yes. You need approval and it has to be mixed specifically for you. No cheap. I think it is @ $60 for 8 oz. and insurance doesn't pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent for you, Brandon! Keep the positive attitude and KCA!!

TBHers are awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
                      Very sorry to hear about this and I will keep you in my prayers. As several people have mentioned already, a positive attitude is the only way to beat this and you sure seem to be on the right track there.

Reading your post I saw where you mentioned you haven't had a chance to hunt in the last several years, and that's just too long. I'd like to do something about that. A good friend and I, along with my dad and a few others (some of them TBHers) started a non-profit to take kids and young adults in your shoes on hunts. I'm not sure if your treatment schedule would allow you to do something soon, but we would like to take you on a trophy exotic hunt as soon as your schedule is open and you are feeling up to it. This will be at absolutely zero cost to you. We would just like to help you get your mind off what all is going on and have some fellowship with us at one of my ranches. There a couple of TBHers that we have done hunts for in the past for their kids and family that could chime in on what we do. If you want to PM me your phone number or call/text me any time, I would gladly get you info and get something scheduled. 806 206 3289. As I said, this won't cost you a dime. We cover all travel, hunt, meals/lodging, meat processing and taxidermy for you. You just come and have a good time.

That's just awesome. Praise God.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiechick View Post
                        They gave my husband a medicated oral rinse for hin to use daily to keep the sores at bay and it worked very well. I believe it was peridex.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
                        Yeah it's called magic mouthwash.
                        You can make it yourself
                        Equal parts:
                        Lidocain
                        Benadryl
                        Maalox
                        Last edited by texansfan; 01-26-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

So no issues with mouth sores yet. However my salivary glands are a bit irritated and inflamed. Any of you experience something similar. I'm having a checkup today at 11:30. This occurred during my first chemo as well but not nearly as bad as it is now. �� That magic mouthwash hasn't seemed to remedy it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by OS_BRANDON View Post
                            So no issues with mouth sores yet. However my salivary glands are a bit irritated and inflamed. Any of you experience something similar. I'm having a checkup today at 11:30. This occurred during my first chemo as well but not nearly as bad as it is now. �� That magic mouthwash hasn't seemed to remedy it at all.
                            They have different mixtures of magic mouthwash for different things.

Maybe you need the kind with Nystatin or there is another variety with an ingredient that is escaping me at the moment.

Comment

Just work with your oncologist to find the right program for you.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyM View Post
                                Prayers up for you brother. Medicine is amazing these days and there is incredible hope with today's technology. Send me a note when you are cancer free and we will have a celebration hunt at the ranch. I am looking forward to it.
                                What an awesome offer Chuck. You are truly a man with a big heart.

Brandon, stay positive and beat this thing. God will take you there.

Comment

Working...
                                X