No announcement yet.

2017 TBH cyclists thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to do the Beginner just as a tune up. See if I can get under 56 minutes. I'm aged group to the 50+ so real shot at podium!

Comment

I just ordered a new mountain bike the other day. My hopes are to get out on several bike pack trips. I'm gonna concentrate on exploring the Valles Caldera. I want to drop some pounds and get some conditioning.

Here is the rig I'm gonna start with. Mine is an XL frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
        I just ordered a new mountain bike the other day. My hopes are to get out on several bike pack trips. I'm gonna concentrate on exploring the Valles Caldera. I want to drop some pounds and get some conditioning.

Here is the rig I'm gonna start with. Mine is an XL frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sweet looking rig there. I miss my full rigid ss. There are days on the trails behind the house here that I think it would be somewhat fun, but then I remember the climbs and the descents. What bike is that you ordered specifically??

Comment

Originally posted by raiderelkhunter View Post
          sweet looking rig there. I miss my full rigid ss. There are days on the trails behind the house here that I think it would be somewhat fun, but then I remember the climbs and the descents. What bike is that you ordered specifically??
          2017 kona unit. 27.5 plus. Steel frame.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderelkhunter View Post
            Well well well. it is past time for me to get on my bike.....I have some nasty races on the schedule this year. I didn't get into Leadville and I am kinda glad lol. Doing the Maah Daah Hey 100, Tatanka 100, and the Dakota Five oh on the mountain bike, and a handful of gravel races up here in MT, WY, and ND/SD on the gravel bike.
            I highly recommend the Dakota Five Oh in Spearfish, SD.....it is the most fun you can have in fifty miles while gaining a smooth 11k in elevation over that distance.
            Too bad I haven't touched my bike since the Dakota Five oh last year except for one hunt I rode one day until it rained and the mud was ridiculous. The weather isn't as favorable up here for winter rides, so I will have to resort to mornings on the spin bike until all this white stuff melts off for good. Plus, all I care about until May is sliding down snowy hills on slick things really fast....
            Sounds like you spend a good deal of time on public ground. I looked up some of those events and the look interesting.

Comment

Im going to The woodlands Tx for my first Ironam 140.6 ever in april and the 140.6 in Cozumel in november... I must ride my bike!

Comment

Ever since I started working night shift a little over a year ago, Ive pretty much been stuck to riding indoors... I'm back on days as of last week so MAYBE I will be able to get back out there when things settle into a routine...

Comment

Bill Whitaker investigates whether pro cyclists have used secret bike motors to win races -- like the Tour de France -- in a sport notorious for its culture of cheating

Anybody catch 60 minutes last night?
                  We should have known.

Comment

I try to ride 4/5 days a weeK for at least a hour or longer. Need to start running a little also.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                        http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minut...d-pro-cycling/

Anybody catch 60 minutes last night?
                        We should have known.
                        I have been keeping up with this on cycling news. Very interesting from a technology standpoint, but sad that the desire to win at all costs has driven the sport to this level. Apparently the UCI is trying to catch up with their testing procedures, but cheats will always be a step ahead.

On a side note, for some strange reason I can no longer get my wahoo ride data to upload into my strava app. Anyone have any suggestions to make that work? I am losing all my road ride info, and an only capture my mountain bike stuff.

Ride safe and remember rule 5!!

Comment

Got in 20miles on my commuter on Sunday. Felt good to be back in the saddle. I need to build some momentum and get out a few more times.

Comment

I am about to get back at it.

Thinking of getting a gravel bike this year, I moved to Mineral Wells and its a lot of rocky roads.

I still plan on doing the MS 150 again this year, anyone else ?

Comment

Originally posted by AHF View Post
                              Im going to The woodlands Tx for my first Ironam 140.6 ever in april and the 140.6 in Cozumel in november... I must ride my bike!
                              Nice! Two IMs in one year is a big undertaking! Yes you must ride your bike lol!

Comment

I was/am on a big run block this winter, trying to get more competitive at the more popular IM branded 70.3 races. I had dropped my cycling down to 2 rides per week in Nov & Dec to build run mileage. Since Christmas I've been back killing myself in the garage following a trainer road program, riding 4 days/wk.

Had my first race on Sunday, a sprint duathlon. 2m run, 10m bike, 2m run. My run has progressed a lot in the past two months, but I'm still so far off from the winners it's a little frustrating. I did win my AG and had the fastest bike split of the day though, so it was still a good day!

My A race for the spring will be Galveston 70.3. I'll mix in some shorter tris and running races as well, and maybe some cycling races if I get brave enough to do that again.

Finally got a good race shot!

Last edited by Jet Black; 01-31-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X