The outdoor channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjbtexas View Post
    I kind of look at the tivo type recorders, the management of the election (Hilary spent tons on TV, Trump small comparatively) and dissemination of content via social media and youtube as the oncoming death of TV and commercials.

i recommend building a small following via Instagram or youtube, sponsor your favorite outdoor channel celebrity and get some traction that way. Lean start ups.

But I honestly don't really know, I play an expert on the interwebs....
    I've already got a decent following between Instagram and Twitter. I'm trying to get a YouTube show going of all my adventures, to bring in more followers. I think the better option is to meet up and hunt and fish with somebody that has more of a following and not sponsor them. Seems like everybody that gets sponsored isn't loyal because they just like the free stuff. But what I was looking at was the correlation between some of the shows on the outdoor/pursuit/sportsman channels and comparing their YouTube views. Needless to say if I were to buy advertisement I would not get my money's worth. The really well produced shows had some good views, but most of the shows seemed to only 1,000 or so views per episode. Then on top of that I feel like sports packages seem to be one of the first things dropped so fewer and fewer consumers seem to be watching. And like someone else said, ad times are overkill on those channels, people tend to tune them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
      I've already got a decent following between Instagram and Twitter. I'm trying to get a YouTube show going of all my adventures, to bring in more followers. I think the better option is to meet up and hunt and fish with somebody that has more of a following and not sponsor them. Seems like everybody that gets sponsored isn't loyal because they just like the free stuff. But what I was looking at was the correlation between some of the shows on the outdoor/pursuit/sportsman channels and comparing their YouTube views. Needless to say if I were to buy advertisement I would not get my money's worth. The really well produced shows had some good views, but most of the shows seemed to only 1,000 or so views per episode. Then on top of that I feel like sports packages seem to be one of the first things dropped so fewer and fewer consumers seem to be watching. And like someone else said, ad times are overkill on those channels, people tend to tune them out.
      I know there are companies that drive youtube views/exposure, you might look into. get to 100K followers then you can have people pay you to be on insta!

i would do so much differently with my two failed start ups, and how I spent ad money is one of them. The one bump from a brief TV run might be all you can afford $ marketing wise and not worth it in the long run vs adding real long term brand value in other areas.

Comment

I have Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel. I watch them the majority of the time unless there's a game on I want to watch. The rest of the time, we are on Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
          I prefer the sportsman channel when I'm at home. When I'm at school like I am now my dorm has fast wifi so I watch south Texas hunting videos. Tv doesn't show to much of texas so I get it on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Which southwest hunting shows do you watch? Are they on YouTube or a different site?

I usually watch everything that GrowingDeer, Midwest Whitetail, Antler Geeks, and Drury Outdoors posts on Youtube. But none of those are based here in TX. I also have watch Meat Eater's season 5 and 6 on Netflix, but the other 4 seasons aren't available

Then of course all of the bass fishing channels as well..... I have a problem

Comment

Originally posted by mjbtexas View Post
            I know there are companies that drive youtube views/exposure, you might look into. get to 100K followers then you can have people pay you to be on insta!

i would do so much differently with my two failed start ups, and how I spent ad money is one of them. The one bump from a brief TV run might be all you can afford $ marketing wise and not worth it in the long run vs adding real long term brand value in other areas.
            Basically, I've got this camo I've been working on and I'm digging into ways I can get sales. Seems like social media is the only way to go vs tv. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how all the outdoor channels will stay afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by hittman View Post
              Which southwest hunting shows do you watch? Are they on YouTube or a different site?

I usually watch everything that GrowingDeer, Midwest Whitetail, Antler Geeks, and Drury Outdoors posts on Youtube. But none of those are based here in TX. I also have watch Meat Eater's season 5 and 6 on Netflix, but the other 4 seasons aren't available

Then of course all of the bass fishing channels as well..... I have a problem
              Not gonna lie I watched lakeforkguy for like the last 6 or 7 years. There's a lot of cool shows on YouTube.

Comment

Have it it's on 75%

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
                  Not gonna lie I watched lakeforkguy for like the last 6 or 7 years. There's a lot of cool shows on YouTube.
                  Yeah, LakeForkGuy is the best one imo. Tactical bassin and Bamabass are some other good ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                    I have it.It's on 50%of the time,and the Outside channel the other 50%.

Same here - and if I don't like what's on either one, I change the channel.

Comment

Bucks of Tecomate, Legends of Fall, and Trophy Hunter TV all have South Texas Episodes which are my go to on DVR.

Comment

Originally posted by JMB View Post
                        Bucks of Tecomate, Legends of Fall, and Trophy Hunter TV all have South Texas Episodes which are my go to on DVR.
                        Mine too. If it ain't a Texas show I don't care for it. Sitting through a half hour of some one in a tree stand in Kansas or Ohio and only seeing 3 or 4 deer is a waste of time to me. I'd rather watch Oprah. Well maybe not O but you get the picture.

Comment

I use to have it along with the Sportsman channel. We have'nt had it in years. It was always an upper end tier package that I just couldn't see paying for.

Checking out Carbon TV. Free on my cell phone, computer and home.

Comment

I wish I had it. Better than anything else on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

one of the coolest shows ive seen is called geobass on youtube............. awesome awesome shows

Comment

I pay extra for it and rarely watch it.

Comment

Working...
                                X