No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice buck. I cant decide if I want to sit in 80 deg and 25 mph wind this evening or not. If I do I may just sit in a rifle blind and scout/video an area I haven't sat this year and no cam on it.

Comment

Heck of a buck Crippler. You boys have put down some dang good deer this year.

Comment

Yep you must have hit something good because that shot looks like a long track job. Glad it worked out and I'd rather be lucky than good any day!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          Yep you must have hit something good because that shot looks like a long track job. Glad it worked out and I'd rather be lucky than good any day!
          Yeah, if I hadn't seen the bright blood flowing out of him after the shot and the blood trail wasn't the good bright blood I probably would have waited until this morning to try and find him.

Comment

Nice mgt buck, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
              Nice mgt buck, congrats.
              Jeff how are things on the middle concho this yr? Haven't heard or seen anything from you boys all yr.
              Y'all got anything worth shooting this season?

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                Jeff how are things on the middle concho this yr? Haven't heard or seen anything from you boys all yr.
                Y'all got anything worth shooting this season?
                Jack, I haven't been hunting one time. Have been taking care of my aging parents for the past eight months. They live in DeSoto and my Dad is in a nursing home in Cedarhill. I hope to go in the next couple of weeks.
                Nobody has taken anything that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                  I was hoping nobody would notice, but yeah it was a terrible shot. Way too far back - my only excuse is that he was TOO close and I was scared if I didn't get a shot off quickly he was going to spook due to the jacked up blind I was hunting out of. I walked it off and I shot him at 12 yards.

The arrow went all the way through but didn't fall out and as he ran off blood was just pouring out of him. My thought at that point was that maybe I caught the femoral artery. I shot my first deer through the femoral artery and she didn't make it 30 yards. I marked where I last saw this deer running, maybe 50 yards in front of the blind. I gave him 30 minutes and went to look at blood and found a piece of liver where the Rage blew through him. I was feeling pretty confident at that point, the blood trail was bright red, not the dark blood from a liver shot so I figured I hit something good. I went to where I last saw him and he hadn't made it 20 more yards. Better lucky than good, I guess, it will serve as a reminder to calm down and focus before taking a shot.

Good deal! I like those easy track jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                    Jack, I haven't been hunting one time. Have been taking care of my aging parents for the past eight months. They live in DeSoto and my Dad is in a nursing home in Cedarhill. I hope to go in the next couple of weeks.
                    Nobody has taken anything that I know of.
                    Near my neck of the woods. hope all is well and you get to enjoy some west tx time!
                    I'm nearby if you need something while up here.

Comment

In like Flinn... again

Little warmer today but still beats the hell outta 93 degrees.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Good luck hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thks fellas.

Comment

In a rifle stand. Good view from here. Hope to get a couple bucks on video to get some better age guesstimates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice view, JR

Comment

Working...
                                X