No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How high off the ground are you guys liking your enclosed box blind type bow blinds ???

Fixing to start a new build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If your going to elevate 10' is my preferred no less than 8' or more than 12'

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
        How high off the ground are you guys liking your enclosed box blind type bow blinds ???

Fixing to start a new build

This tall .. 1/2 size cinder block plus 6" base..

Click image for larger version

Name:	AA Seismic1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	24494870

Click image for larger version

Name:	AA Slacker.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	24494871

Comment

Yeah I was thinking 12-18" off ground.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            If your going to elevate 10' is my preferred no less than 8' or more than 12'
            I should have been more clear. Really just mean just of the ground up to 4' or so.

Figured 12-18" off the ground would get your shooting window at least just above eye level for deer.

Comment

Got our place leased yesterday so I guess I'll see what this sharing stuff is like haha

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                Got our place leased yesterday so I guess I'll see what this sharing stuff is like haha
                Good luck! Lol

Outside chance we may end up with an opening if we don't just absorb the spot and not add anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  Sharing in expenses is great. Sharing the biggest deer on the place like that big 8 might be a kick in the nads..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Sharing in expenses is great. Sharing the biggest deer on the place like that big 8 might be a kick in the nads..
                    Good group of guys just always hard to get everyone on the same page feed wise. Not many want to feed like I do
                    Last edited by bphillips; 05-14-2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I should have been more clear. Really just mean just of the ground up to 4' or so.

Figured 12-18" off the ground would get your shooting window at least just above eye level for deer.
                      I always set in blocks just to keep from rotting and hopefully no critters feeling secure under it. There are some places I like to be elevated just for visibility about 10'.

Comment

Operation replace a pop up underway.

Comment

Looks to me like you need to buy a couple more scratch off tickets so you can afford a krivo blind!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            Looks to me like you need to buy a couple more scratch off tickets so you can afford a krivo blind!
                            I wish. Can't afford to pay attention! Lol

This gonna be better than krivo for me. Little bigger.

Comment

Only went 10" off the ground to avoid having to build ladder.

Comment

I wish. Can't afford to pay attention! Lol

This gonna be better than krivo for me. Little bigger.
                                I prefer custom built myself too. I can customize em to a T to make my fatass more comfortable.... Working on two right now for my local pig lease. Of course I started out with a shipping crate this time instead of scratch and reverse engineering stuff but its the same size and coming around nicely.

Nice start on yours. Looking forward to watching it "grow"

Comment

Working...
                                X