No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/10" at our place. Didn't do much still pretty dusty.

Checked a couple cams. Had 2 user errors that didn't take pics.

Couple of Smarts buddies...

This trough is next to our ranch house. Pretty sure this is our house doe that is real gentle. She had two buck fawns last year we could get within 6-7 yards while eating corn at the house. Hopefully she is heavy with 2 more.

Misc freeloaders at a feeder.

Trough pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy **** what a beard and it looks double bearded...

Click image for larger version

Name:	double bearded.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	24494831

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Holy **** what a beard and it looks double bearded...

[ATTACH]853984[/ATTACH]
        Yeah thought about going back tomorrow morning and shooting him out of the kitchen with my 22 while I ate me a bowl of cheerios for breakfast!

Is it still turkey season ???

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
          Yeah thought about going back tomorrow morning and shooting him out of the kitchen with my 22 while I ate me a bowl of cheerios for breakfast!

Is it still turkey season ???
          Til Sunday night

Comment

Looks like somebody got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.[emoji23]

Comment

Nice.

I need to dedicate a weekend to setting traps and hammering them a couple nights.

Comment

The first night I set traps I caught two, the next two times I have been I haven't caught any. Dunno the problem.

Comment

Nice.

I need to dedicate a weekend to setting traps and hammering them a couple nights.
                  We do it every work or camera checking weekend....and some during turkey season. That's what I like about these traps. They hunt while we drink, eat and sleep after a long days work. No late nights sitting in a blind with a spotlight hoping to shoot one.

We usually use marshmallows but with the success the LO's son in law is having with straight corn or protein, I think I'm going to go that route more often when its hot so I can set it when we leave the area after filling feeders or water..... versus hitting all the pens again right before dark to set so the MM doesn't sit in the sun all day.

Comment

dry cat food works well also.

Comment

dry cat food works well also.
                      Have heard that. Do you catch skunks with it as well?..

It hard to pull away from the MMs after they have worked so well for 2 years but the older I get the more I like convenience... We are at 128 coons in 2 years. I'd have never thought we had that many on the property.

Comment

I've never caught a skunk in one even using sardines.

The cheap cardboard box dry cat food is easy to haul around.

Comment

I used some old apple cereal bars the first time and caught two. Haven't done any good since. I added some dog food and didn't get a hit either.

Comment

Sardines are the best but a pain in the *** to haul around once you've opened the can...unless your into that type smell...

Comment

Sardines are the best but a pain in the *** to haul around once you've opened the can...unless you're into that type smell...
                              I see what you did there.

Comment

2017 San Angelo area season thread

I've never caught a skunk in one even using sardines.

The cheap cardboard box dry cat food is easy to haul around.

After trying sardines once, I'd rather not catch then have to mess with that nasty shizzle.

Thankfully ours have an extreme MM addiction that's turning into a corn addiction too. May pick up a cheap thing of cat or dog food just to change it up.

LO's SIL caught 3.25 coons last night ......one didn't need his hand anymore..

Last edited by Smart; 05-13-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X