2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    That was me. I said if I saw another group of gobblers this spring it was over!

lol

Comment

Just a thought for the guys that are having coon problems on the trough type feeders. I have started using the 100% cottonseed pellets from Rowena milling. I mixed some of the Angelo pellets with it. The coons are taking the cottonseed pellets out of the feeders trying to get the Angelo pellets but not eating the cottonseed pellets. Also the moisture doesn't seem to bother it like the Angelo pellets. It was $350/ton bagged. Cottonseed and molasses is the two main ingredients. Deer are eating it good and coons aren't, pretty good scenario.
      Just a thought for the times trough feeder guys.

Comment

What's the mineral pack on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got some of these and some dry cat food for Smarts buddies this weekend.

Comment

Man I don't remember in the minerals, I think it's on the bag

Comment

Comment

Decent mass started on this one

Left side starting to look a little different on this one. May be a deer we have with stickers on the bases.

Didn't take long for them to hit new setup. I need to move cam a little to avoid the sun.

Comment

I remember him saying he can add an extra mineral pack to a mix. I don't worry about it because i have mineral in the pen and also just add some to the top of the feed. I like the protein, fiber and especially fat. And coons don't seem to eat it. Also mix it some time with angelo pellet just to up the fiber and fat some.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    I remember him saying he can add an extra mineral pack to a mix. I don't worry about it because i have mineral in the pen and also just add some to the top of the feed. I like the protein, fiber and especially fat. And coons don't seem to eat it. Also mix it some time with angelo pellet just to up the fiber and fat some.
                    They eat that purina deer mineral pretty well for us. Best loose mineral I have found that they actually eat much of.

Comment

They eat that purina deer mineral pretty well for us. Best loose mineral I have found that they actually eat much of.
                      I usually use the record rack but couldn't find it so just got the range mineral at TSC and so far they are wearing out the ground. I'll keep my eye open for the purines. Is it specifically a deer mineral?

Comment

Just a thought for the guys that are having coon problems on the trough type feeders. I have started using the 100% cottonseed pellets from Rowena milling. I mixed some of the Angelo pellets with it. The coons are taking the cottonseed pellets out of the feeders trying to get the Angelo pellets but not eating the cottonseed pellets. Also the moisture doesn't seem to bother it like the Angelo pellets. It was $350/ton bagged. Cottonseed and molasses is the two main ingredients. Deer are eating it good and coons aren't, pretty good scenario.
                        Just a thought for the times trough feeder guys.
                        Nelson Book is the owner of Rewena Milling and is a good dude. Glad you're feeding that again Jack. I just started feeding it again in Eldorado...put out 600 lbs 2 weeks ago to mix things up. You can sure smell the molasses in that pellet. Our deer hammer that stuff!

Comment

Decent mass started on this one

Left side starting to look a little different on this one. May be a deer we have with stickers on the bases.

Didn't take long for them to hit new setup. I need to move cam a little to avoid the sun.

Wow! Looking really good.

Comment

I usually use the record rack but couldn't find it so just got the range mineral at TSC and so far they are wearing out the ground. I'll keep my eye open for the purines. Is it specifically a deer mineral?
                            Yeah that grogans in angelo has it. $10 bag 25 lbs. it's just called purina antlermax mineral I think.

Comment

Yeah that grogans in angelo has it. $10 bag 25 lbs. it's just called purina antlermax mineral I think.
                              May give it a look

Comment

Deer lease is hard work

Comment

Working...
                                X