2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    TBHer supersport doubled this weekend...
    Nice!!!

Congrats Sonnenberg.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      None in Sterling city. I hope we got some south of there.
      Man it sure looked promising when I went to bed last night, it must have died off quick.

Comment

and almost stepped on this dude doing so.[emoji33]

Nice double, heck I just want a single!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
          None in Sterling city. I hope we got some south of there.

We got just enough to wet the dirt according to my "weather cam"..[emoji41]. It split us early and had a small bit drag through late.

Comment

I know it didn't look very wet on my cam.

Comment

and almost stepped on this dude doing so.[emoji33]

Congrats on the birds

Comment

Went out at lunch to fill protein feeders, the ranch is green green green! Wildflowers are everywhere also. Found a couple of monster sheds. If any of you guys are feeding bulk protein, I highly recommend buying from Palmer's and using their trailer. Turns a 4 hour job into a 2 hour job, just call in your order and they'll have the trailer loaded and ready for you.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                  Went out at lunch to fill protein feeders, the ranch is green green green! Wildflowers are everywhere also. Found a couple of monster sheds. If any of you guys are feeding bulk protein, I highly recommend buying from Palmer's and using their trailer. Turns a 4 hour job into a 2 hour job, just call in your order and they'll have the trailer loaded and ready for you.
                  Yep those trailers help a lot. Angelo Pellets lets you use theirs as well

Comment

Water Troughs

Anybody that runs water troughs... Are you guys doing anything to control the algae build up? Seems like some deer don't mind it when it's not very bad but when it gets real bad they seem to not drink as much.

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettRob17 View Post
                      Anybody that runs water troughs... Are you guys doing anything to control the algae build up? Seems like some deer don't mind it when it's not very bad but when it gets real bad they seem to not drink as much.

We run them. Both are now 550 gallons per station or two 275 gallon totes. Paint your totes black and place a 1/6 gallon of bleach (1/3 of a 1/2 gal bottle) in 275 gallons. I will also scrub the actual trough with a long handle brush from home depot, once or twice a year. Some algae is healthy. Keeps the water clear. My deer and turkey use the one on my wireless cam every day.

Also the **** coons wash off in our troughs when they get muddy and its nothing to have 4-5" of mud in the bottom of one. I will dump them when they start staying muddy brown because I know they have it loaded again .

Click image for larger version

Name:	00 Seismic water.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	24493386

Name:	IMG_1942.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	24493387

Name:	IMG_2207.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	24493388

Name:	00slkrwater.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	24493389

Comment

We are running the exact same setups minus painting them black? And the bleach. The freaking coons have a blast at their own night time hurricane harbor in my trough..

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettRob17 View Post
                          We are running the exact same setups minus painting them black? And the bleach. The freaking coons have a blast at their own night time hurricane harbor in my trough..

The black is the most important part. Sunlight equals algae. Keep it down and it grows less. Also, we fill our fill tanks on the trailer from a well. If you are filing from a cistern with algae you may need to up the bleach a little.

Comment

The black is the most important part. Sunlight equals algae. Keep it down and it grows less. Also, we fill our fill tanks on the trailer from a well. If you are filing from a cistern with algae you may need to up the bleach a little.
                            Makes sense, I'll pass it on to the guys at the lease for when we go next week. Thanks!

Comment

Paint the tanks black and pour in bleach or stock tank tablets water will draw in lots more wild life

Comment

Any of y'all check my feeders for me ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X