No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha you guys are killing me. It wasn't too bad yet. But I will definitely be praying for rain. Having two years of good summer rain sure does make it seem least likely this year. But fingers crossed. More pics from this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      Sorry to be Debbie downer on your 2/10 parade!

Hey I understand. We can't all be positive. The world needs its negative folks to balance it out[emoji23]

Comment

No doubt it's still green BUT if it doesn't rain soon it's GOING to get dry SOON!
        There you go, half full.
        They def aren't hitting feed much at all right now.

One thing is for sure, this doe must have had an early hook up because she is in late summer form already.

Comment

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          No doubt it's still green BUT if it doesn't rain soon it's GOING to get dry SOON!
          Wait... if it doesn't rain, it's gonna get dry?[emoji848]

Nice recovery[emoji23][emoji23][emoji13][emoji13]

I'm just hacking on you Jack.[emoji51]

Comment

I know but I don't mind hacking back some, it's gonna be a long summer/offseason!

Comment

Well fire department left a bit early yesterday and the fire kicked back up apparently forest service is on it now and wind has picked up

Comment

Hopefully those rain chances come through and finish that fire off!

Comment

Our deer have been hitting the feed pretty consistent. So far we've fed 3 tons of protein and expect to fill another 1.5 tons next week. They are mowing the cottonseed down. We will topping off cottonseed feeders this week.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                    Our deer have been hitting the feed pretty consistent. So far we've fed 3 tons of protein and expect to fill another 1.5 tons next week. They are mowing the cottonseed down. We will topping off cottonseed feeders this week.
                    Where are yall getting cottonseed at? Do any of the gins still have it or do I need to find it in bags?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Stopped by the trap and grabbed some bacon bits this morning this makes 13 in the last two days
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1490718387.634999.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	24490451

Comment

Originally posted by huntr1117 View Post
                        Where are yall getting cottonseed at? Do any of the gins still have it or do I need to find it in bags?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
                        Gins still have plenty. We've been getting ours at wall co-op and Mereta co-op.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          Stopped by the trap and grabbed some bacon bits this morning this makes 13 in the last two days
                          [ATTACH]848056[/ATTACH]
                          Daaang Bobby! That's crazy for your area. Sounds like they are taking off.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Daaang Bobby! That's crazy for your area. Sounds like they are taking off.
                            Most of the place isn't too terrible but it's easy up there they're trying to get to my bulk cottonseed pile haha

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              Most of the place isn't too terrible but it's easy up there they're trying to get to my bulk cottonseed pile haha

Did you save any? or let the buzzards eat?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Did you save any? or let the buzzards eat?
                                Buzzards and worms were hungry

Comment

Working...
                                X