No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey yall, where's the fire? My place is off 245 about 10 miles out of Mckavett

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Newell View Post
      Hey yall, where's the fire? My place is off 245 about 10 miles out of Mckavett
      It's not going anywhere now. Looks like it was about 99% on us and only 50-60ac. No wind and some green grass let them get around it quick. No losses on us either just burned some grass and brush. It's about 7-8 miles north of Eldorado though

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        It's not going anywhere now. Looks like it was about 99% on us and only 50-60ac. No wind and some green grass let them get around it quick. No losses on us either just burned some grass and brush. It's about 7-8 miles north of Eldorado though
        Glad no damage Bobby. And it will actually provide some really good browse once the rains come. IF/WHEN the rains come.

Comment

Thanks buddy, getting ready to head that way and didn't want any surprises if you know what I mean. Glad yall are ok

Comment

good chance of rain out west tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              Glad no damage Bobby. And it will actually provide some really good browse once the rains come. IF/WHEN the rains come.
              Yea it will come back nice in that area. I don't hunt that property though so no benefit to me haha

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                good chance of rain out west tomorrow
                We need it its drying out quick with these 90+ degree days.

Comment

Great news Bobby!

Did they say what might have started it?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    We need it its drying out quick with these 90+ degree days.
                    Yep lots of that tender green was already brown last week.

Comment

Yep lots of that tender green was already brown last week.
                      It's getting nice and crunchy now

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        It's getting nice and crunchy now

we had 2/10s late last week....hope they get back to squishy for a bit..

Comment

We had maybe 1/10 when that big storm rolled they last week but it was dusty again the next day. These warm days with dry 20+ mph winds isn't doing us any favors.

Comment

2017 San Angelo area season thread

We had maybe 1/10 when that big storm rolled they last week but it was dusty again the next day. These warm days with dry 20+ mph winds isn't doing us any favors.

Jack do you ever have optimism on your lease?[emoji23][emoji23]. Every time I mention something positive with rain you shoot it down.

I'm going this weekend. I will give a soft versus crunchy update for you so you can possibly be optimistic. [emoji13][emoji23]Plus there is a chance today and Sunday. More optimism. .[emoji15][emoji23]
                            Last edited by Smart; 03-28-2017, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Sorry to be Debbie downer on your 2/10 parade!

Comment

My green still look pretty **** good. And I have one deer in my pen when I usually have 8-12 when it's "dry". But I'm a glass half full kinda guy...[emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                                X