2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    Old man down. Been chasing this buck a couple weeks. This is a buck we should have shot last year. Kept giving us the slip.

Wouldn't go to feeders. Finally got him coming to road feeder with does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice job...

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      We finished a busy day at western sky for some steak!
      First buck with a bow after first deer with a bow this am.
      She did good. Congrats again to y’all. That is too cool.

Sorry we couldn’t make it to eat with y’all. We will have to plan it again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        We finished a busy day at western sky for some steak!
        First buck with a bow after first deer with a bow this am.
        ..... she's got it figured out. Looks like a heck of a weekend.

Comment

Has anyone heard about the double drop tine deer that was hanging out at the soccer fields between Glena and the Dam? it was taken by a hunter over the holiday and is currently under investigation.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ASU2004; 11-27-2017, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASU2004 View Post
            Has anyone heard about the double drop tine deer that was hanging out at the soccer fields between Glena and the Dam? it was taken by a hunter over the holiday and is currently under investigation.
            Yep prob not gonna end well but innocent until proven guilty I guess.

Comment

I have gotten several pics of this deer and a video thru text,sure hope the guy had permission somewhere..Or we could have another Airport Buck in the making..

Comment

We had a pretty good week in Crockett county. I would have like to killed a bigger buck, buck the experience of having my son with me and seeing his excitement made it all worth while.

Killed a rio with my bow which is a first for me.

Wife killed a nice cull mule deer.

This droptine buck was killed this morning.

Have also gotten word of 2 aoudad killed and several more spotted. Have not gotten pictures of them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the buck, the experience is what matters.

Comment

Took "Big Boy" on my Birthday

Last Friday morning, my BD...see other OP, just after 7am. B&K said score right at 140, 9 pt including kicker, 13" G2's. One shot with 6.5 Grendel @120 yards. I've been watching him, by game camera only, for over a month and then there he was! We hunt close to Robert Lee...thrilled and brought back that "thumping heart" feeling...blessed!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats bud!

Comment

Originally posted by ASU2004 View Post
                        Will be interesting to see what comes out of it. Half of San Angelo has pics of that deer just like the airport buck. Hopefully it's legit.

Comment

Congrats Justin.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                            Last Friday morning, my BD...see other OP, just after 7am. B&K said score right at 140, 9 pt including kicker, 13" G2's. One shot with 6.5 Grendel @120 yards. I've been watching him, by game camera only, for over a month and then there he was! We hunt close to Robert Lee...thrilled and brought back that "thumping heart" feeling...blessed!
                            Nice buck.
                            Heck of a birthday present!!!

Comment

Congrats again Justin!! Good stuff right there! Especially that deer slaying wife[emoji13][emoji13]

Same to you Kuma! Nice buck!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                                Will be interesting to see what comes out of it. Half of San Angelo has pics of that deer just like the airport buck. Hopefully it's legit.
                                Yep lots of people knew about him. I’ve been telling people I thought he would be poached, hope it’s not the case but he was too easily seen in an accessible area.
                                Last edited by bphillips; 11-28-2017, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X