Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm sick of this Schleicher county burn ban. hunting camp ain't the same without a fire at night.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
      i'm sick of this Schleicher county burn ban. hunting camp ain't the same without a fire at night.
      Burn ban really, were yall the only area that missed all the rain this yr??

Comment

A little late post from this past weekend but this weather has me in the hunting mood. Ended up getting my first arrow of the season bloody with a doe. What really made the weekend was seeing one of our future studs in person. He’s a main frame 12 that we believe is 4.5 from having previous history with him. His body says 5.5 to me. But if you could of seen him all last season, he’s packed on the pounds with this being our second year of heavy protein feeding. I believe he’s right around 148”... any guesses or thoughts on age or score?

Here’s the doe. She didn’t make it very far. You can see my feeder in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the doe! That 12 is a great looking deer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

That was good weekend Zoch, hope the 12 is breeding everything in sight and not crossin fences! He is going to scare the 60's next year

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
              That was good weekend Zoch, hope the 12 is breeding everything in sight and not crossin fences! He is going to scare the 60's next year

Yeah it was buddy!! Hope so too. He could really blow up next year. I’m about over this work stuff. Let’s head to the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by westexhunter75 View Post
                Congrats on the doe! That 12 is a great looking deer

Thank you sir!!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  Burn ban really, were yall the only area that missed all the rain this yr??
                  Schleicher has barely gotten anything. been a rough year. i think the burn ban has been continuous from March. finally got some good rain about a month ago and i thought that would do it. but they didn't take it down and we haven't had much of anything since.

Comment

Anyone ever seen a deer do this?

Comment

Originally posted by westexhunter75 View Post
                      Anyone ever seen a deer do this?

Sum beach is hungry! Stop being so stingy with feed! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                        Sum beach is hungry! Stop being so stingy with feed! Lol

Haha theres free choice protein about 40ft to the left of him!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

When are you headed back out after him smart? I'm thinking I may make a quick trip next week for 3-4 hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                            When are you headed back out after him smart? I'm thinking I may make a quick trip next week for 3-4 hunts.

I'm waiting for him to be a little more consistent....he hasn't shown back up on my Covert since those pics. I'm not going to drive 10 hours rt to hunt in 85-90 degree temps unless I know he's around. Hes already educated and I'd be sweating my arse off trying to kill him this weekend.

Another lease member and I will be spending a large part of 11/10-11/19 at the lease and the temps look much better than this weekend. Hoping the better temps, better wind direction, food supplies dwindling and some pretty girlfriends might make him slip up.

Comment

I met the San Angelo Game Warden today in Goldthwaite, she said they had a meeting or something in Hamilton, she was a nice lady.

Comment

Truck loaded ready to head west.

Have to get some stuff done around the office and then I’m west bound around noon.

Comment

Working...
                                X