No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss again and well have to recommend a shotgun and buckshot!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Miss again and well have to recommend a shotgun and buckshot!

Pressure is on.

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
        pressure is on. :d
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
          Thank y'all. I'm more pumped about brecks buck than mine! It was an awesome evening. About 410" of bone down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Dang. Congrats on the haul. Did y’all kill more than those 3

Comment

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
            Dang. Congrats on the haul. Did y’all kill more than those 3

Thanks Shayne. Some does. My math is off a lot a bit though haha. More like 390" and not 410! I think the deer lease koolaids had me discombobulated...

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
              Lease mate killed this buck at our place. He scored 136 but was 220 lbs. he is the biggest bodied deer killed since we have had the place, 10 years. Rain has been been good for us the last few years. No protein and we only spin corn. We have had several management deer in the 180 lb range. Keep th rain coming!
              That's impressive. One of my lease members wife killed a very nice 10 point on sunday that weighed 187#. He scored 151. Thats the heaviest buck killed on our place that I have seen. I got on in 2004. My place is on the Mertz 09 SW west of San Angelo. We have had 3-4 years of great to good rain so that must be the difference, I hope.

Comment

See this for the pics. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=668136

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                  Lease mate killed this buck at our place. He scored 136 but was 220 lbs. he is the biggest bodied deer killed since we have had the place, 10 years. Rain has been been good for us the last few years. No protein and we only spin corn. We have had several management deer in the 180 lb range. Keep th rain coming!
                  Man that is a huge deer for Angelo area.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertz09 View Post

That is one heck of a deer right there. Congrats to the lady.

Comment

Originally posted by J whitton View Post
                      Just wondering what y'all think he scores New in the area body's are a little smaller her than where I was hunting[ATTACH]879415[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                      Side pic

Comment

Originally posted by J whitton View Post
                        Side pic

Hard to tell just from that pic but looks like hes in the mid 40's at least. Nice deer for sure!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Betting that deer is in the 150 range off a glance, lots of tine length there and decent mass

Comment

Heck yeh,Jason.
                            Get em,im rootin’ for ya!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                              Thanks Shayne. Some does. My math is off a lot a bit though haha. More like 390" and not 410! I think the deer lease koolaids had me discombobulated...

Lol I was just checking to see if RIchard had to hide Brecks arrows. I figure he would have had more flopping with the tear he has been on. Congrats to y’all

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
                                Lol I was just checking to see if RIchard had to hide Brecks arrows. I figure he would have had more flopping with the tear he has been on. Congrats to y’all
                                Not yet, but throttling him back a little......ha ha For some reason I am not seeing near as many does behind the house??????????????? He's about out of tags! And I am a proud old Dad. lol

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X