2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post

Finally got my buddy to send me the pics from his phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good buck congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      Finally got my buddy to send me the pics from his phone.

Nice. Good looking buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Sorry for the poor video pics but you can see the shot location and the immediate fletching jump to the left on bone impact. The firt pic with the nock light hasn't made impact yet so the "penetration" is deciving there. It was minimal per the video.

I contacted three of the top trackers in the state not named Roy Hindes and all said they prob couldn't help me....that it was a live deer with all four legs...and would prob run their dog for miles. We searchers for three hours then went back and search again....next day looked for buzzards and check all the water holes. Blood stopped at 150 yards....no arrow and no deer. .

[ATTACH]878896[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]878897[/ATTACH]
        Betting he shows back up soon, that shot location usually equals 1 of 3 things, muscle hit and deer back to normal in 1-2weeks, artery right under spine and dead within 40-50yds or spine hit and deer drops in his tracks. I think with the tracking you did it's clear that deer is just hit in muscle and maybe top of shoulder blade or vertebrae. He will be fine, betting he shows soon.
        , get ready for round 2!

Comment

Got me a new spotting binos setup. 15x56 Vortex with tripod mount.

I'll be able to spy on MidlandTxHunter deer now !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
            Good luck, Hunter. Send me pics if you get one.
            Will do buddy. Good luck to everyone going out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
              I agree....^^^^^

Pulling for you, Jason.
              Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              Betting he shows back up soon, that shot location usually equals 1 of 3 things, muscle hit and deer back to normal in 1-2weeks, artery right under spine and dead within 40-50yds or spine hit and deer drops in his tracks. I think with the tracking you did it's clear that deer is just hit in muscle and maybe top of shoulder blade or vertebrae. He will be fine, betting he shows soon.
              , get ready for round 2!
              I sure hope so... I won't make the same mistake twice.

Great buck El General! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats to all those that got a nice deer this weekend.....Ol Smart lost his first trophy deer since he got back into the game and sadly he was what I would consider a dream buck looks wise. I backstrapped him because of a last sec overthinking change on my preferred aiming point and a duck of my arrow. I am sick at my stomach but hopefully I get another shot at him.

Keep your chin up Smart. I think that deer is alive and probably be back in his same routine soon.

Comment

Me too. (insert puking smiley) I have been absolutely sick about it since I released the arrow. Since it was so close and because my last two deer I have almost felt like I shot too low only to have clipped the bottom of the heart, I made a last second decision, to aim center lung instead of heart.....and a combination of a bit high and ducking my arrow at 15 yard led to a backstrapped upperspine hit.... He may not have scored as well as some of my other deer but I'm a sucker for the tall brows width and matching g2 kickers.

[ATTACH]878890[/ATTACH]
                  Dang smart hate you didn't get him. I bet that dude is still alive and well. Do you still have your covert up? Hopefully he shows back up and you get a good picture of him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                    Dang smart hate you didn't get him. I bet that dude is still alive and well. Do you still have your covert up? Hopefully he shows back up and you get a good picture of him.
                    Yes sir I do. checking every single pic..

Comment

Great buck General, congrats!

Comment

Has anybody attended this before? It's about 20 minutes from our lease. May have to check it out.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Tamales View Post
                          Who is headed out this final weekend of archery season with the cold front coming in? All my lease members are out so looks like I'll be there alone this weekend.
                          Seen your from Waxahachie. I am in Palmer. Will be in Brady and Mercury this weekend. If you get bored text me and come have an axis steak or burger with us. Two one four 2436022

Comment

Congrats to all those that got a nice deer this weekend.....Ol Smart lost his first trophy deer since he got back into the game and sadly he was what I would consider a dream buck looks wise. I backstrapped him because of a last sec overthinking change on my preferred aiming point and a duck of my arrow. I am sick at my stomach but hopefully I get another shot at him.
                            Hate to hear bud! Hopefully he shows back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Tamales View Post
                              Has anybody attended this before? It's about 20 minutes from our lease. May have to check it out.
                              Usually pretty decent. I'm from Eldorado so been lots of times

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                                Seen your from Waxahachie. I am in Palmer. Will be in Brady and Mercury this weekend. If you get bored text me and come have an axis steak or burger with us. Two one four 2436022
                                Man, I appreciate the heck out of that. Will shoot you a text if I can swing by.

Comment

Working...
                                X