2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Decided to hunt through Sunday evening yesterday. Was well worth it. Saw tons of deer up and moving. I’m sure feeling the toll of driving back on a Sunday night today at work. Here’s some pictures from the weekend for everyone’s Monday blues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jzoch; 10-16-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
      Decided to hunt through Sunday evening yesterday. Was well worth it. Saw tons of deer up and moving. I’m sure feeling the toll of driving back on a Sunday night today at work. Here’s some pictures from the weekend for everyone’s Monday blues.

Those are some bad azz pictures

Comment

Great photos, Mr. Jzoch.

Best of luck to all of you.

Rwc

Comment

Was a good weekend, saw several bucks I have been looking for but no shooters yet.
          Got some work done around camp.

Was a great pm hunt yesterday and this am. A lot of deer at feeders. Had a pretty good frost this am. Was prob in upper 30s. Saw a lot of small bucks sparing and some serious posturing with mature bucks. Saw lots of rubbing and scrapes being made around the stand. Had two mature bucks almost throw down at the feeder. With some more cool weather I bet the buck movement will be great. Alot of bucks disappeared last few days and a newcomer mater 8 show up that almost started the fight at the feeder with the dominate 8 at that feeder. Was a really cool 2 hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            a newcomer mater 8
            A what?

Comment

Mature

Comment

Headed to Blackwell Wednesday morning for a few days. Hope they are moving. Would like to do a little rattling if they are acting right.

Comment

Taking my boy this afternoon. No cell service in that stand but will update later.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    Taking my boy this afternoon. No cell service in that stand but will update later.
                    Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                      Great photos, Mr. Jzoch.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        Good luck

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to everyone hunting this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
                            Looks like he still has some color to his horns. I would bet he died last year.
                            Could be they're just usually not chewed up so fast but sure could have been rut or old guy that didn't make it.

Originally posted by ASU2004 View Post
                            Agreed, the fire burns them up pretty quickly.
                            Well yea obviously wasn't IN the fire he was just outside the burn. I figured smoke, exhaustion from running, or any combination

Either way he was close to 2 cameras being run last year and ever made it on one of them

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              Could be they're just usually not chewed up so fast but sure could have been rut or old guy that didn't make it.

Well yea obviously wasn't IN the fire he was just outside the burn. I figured smoke, exhaustion from running, or any combination

Either way he was close to 2 cameras being run last year and ever made it on one of them
                              Maybe hes one of those nice surprises that show up during the rut? Seems like you would have caught him on cam being that close to them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                                Great photos, Mr. Jzoch.

Rwc

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                                Those are some bad azz pictures

Thank y’all. Was a great weekend. Good luck to everyone hunting tonight. Sure wish I was in the woods.

Comment

Working...
                                X