No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always sucks to find this, but what sucks more is it being a future stud. Mother Nature worked her course on him. Seen a few other sick deer around ranch this weekend. Hoping it's nothing contagious and just a small case of EHD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That sucks big time, Rick the guy behind the hill house found the best deer from last year dead the other day. That's crazy

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
        Always sucks to find this, but what sucks more is it being a future stud. Mother Nature worked her course on him. Seen a few other sick deer around ranch this weekend. Hoping it's nothing contagious and just a small case of EHD.

Man I hate to see that. Those are pretty disheartening! Especially the ones that get hung up in a fenceline.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            Dang Jack...that poor guy won't even make it to bow opener brother.

Comment

Dang. That's not good. Hope it's very isolated if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Dang Jack...that poor guy won't even make it to bow opener brother.
                That pic was from end of july so he is prob gone already. The buck above is on same ranch and they said they saw another buck standing in water this weekend. The gnats have been horrible. Hoping for some cooler drier weather.

Comment

That pic was from end of july so he is prob gone already. The buck above is on same ranch and they said they saw another buck standing in water this weekend. The gnats have been horrible. Hoping for some cooler drier weather.
                  Shouldn't you call the game warden?

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dadgum.... I hate to read any of this. Sure hope it's not spreading

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                      Shouldn't you call the game warden?

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
                      Game warden and tpwd biologist....check

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                        Dadgum.... I hate to read any of this. Sure hope it's not spreading
                        From what I have read it's pretty common especially in really wet yrs. we had a few deer in Brady last two yrs with what I think was blue tongue. Didn't effect most of the herd

Comment

From what I have read it's pretty common especially in really wet yrs. we had a few deer in Brady last two yrs with what I think was blue tongue. Didn't effect most of the herd

We had a few cases of blue tongue about 6 years ago on our place. It was bad stuff

Comment

One of my top hands checking water.

Comment

Smarts buddies at the swimming hole.

Comment

As wet as its been this year, that place looks like the surface of the moon.

Comment

Working...
                                X