2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    Heck of a set up Jared! Looks like a nice smorgasbord of groceries.

Thank you, sir!! I learn from the best (KactusKiller) haha. Have a buffet of the protein, mineral, corn, alfalfa and rice bran. Think it's been too green for them to really catch onto the alfalfa this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's tough to introduce alfalfa when it's green. They were eating a bale every 1.5-2 weeks at my own until all the recent rains. They aren't eating much of anything right now except natural browse. That'll change tho.
      "If you feed it, they will come"

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        It's tough to introduce alfalfa when it's green. They were eating a bale every 1.5-2 weeks at my own until all the recent rains. They aren't eating much of anything right now except natural browse. That'll change tho.
        "If you feed it, they will come"
        Very true. But as much as I would love to see them eating out of the new alfalfa feeder, I'll take this rain over a hefty feed bill any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
          Very true. But as much as I would love to see them eating out of the new alfalfa feeder, I'll take this rain over a hefty feed bill any day.
          , they are def putting the weight right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post

Yup... I like it when Mother Nature foots the feed bill.[emoji51]. Although during season I want them to be starving [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Yup... I like it when Mother Nature foots the feed bill.[emoji51]. Although during season I want them to be starving [emoji23]

Got that right. I wouldn't mind if we got an early freeze this year, come October.

Comment

Got some more of feeder pen up. Short a few T post and my weights for the gate panels. Also taking chainsaw back to trim rest of that cedar and mesquite on the left. Guess I should put a blind here sometime lol.

Comment

Nice work, JR. Bet you are liking these cooler temps for working. Lol

Comment

A blind??? I thought you sat on a bucket in the bushes...poor boy style

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      A blind??? I thought you sat on a bucket in the bushes...poor boy style
                      Blind means I put some of that $10 camo netting out in front of my bucket for serious hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        Blind means I put some of that $10 camo netting out in front of my bucket for serious hunting.
                        Man, Taj Mahal! Your livin' right!

Your gonna need to win a couple more scratch offs after buying all those new shinny feeders.

Comment

55 degrees this morning. Hope it's like this come bow season.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                            55 degrees this morning. Hope it's like this come bow season.
                            Me too...

Comment

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Anyone seen this pellet and corn mix ? Has some rice bran and alfalfa in it.

Comment

How much is it? Might be a good substitute for someone that doesn't have access to straight rice bran.
                                The alfalfa is prob main ingredient in the pellets I would guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X