2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic of a pic but biggest mature deer so far at my new setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck, JR.

Comment

Love those split brows

Comment

Nice looking blind Joel! That's a great looking buck Txwhitetail!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            That's good stuff Jared. Congrats

We had a heck of great lightning show north of camp Saturday night. The wind picked up at times too but no heavy rain. The ranch received just enough of a sprinkle to make driving around nice and dustless. [emoji108]
            Not a ton of birds flying but we killed a few Saturday evening right before dusk. Topped off all feeders and got my new rifle blind put up...thanks to some lease mates. [emoji106]
            Overall great weekend...save for a blown trailer tire on way home. [emoji53]

Thank you, sir. Blind looks good!! That lightening storm was sure cool to watch Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Great pics! Kids and dove hunting are tough to beat!

No doubt. Thank you, sir. They loved it. Can't wait until they're old enough to bow hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                Nice....That's what it's all about!!!!

Congrats on the birds.

Thanks brother!! Wouldn't trade it for the world. Trying to pass on an appreciation for the outdoors and keep them in the woods and off the iPads. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                  Thanks brother!! Wouldn't trade it for the world. Trying to pass on an appreciation for the outdoors and keep them in the woods and off the iPads. Haha.

Comment

Went to the lease this weekend to fill feeders and get my bow blind set up. Deer are looking good and healthy. Saw a few dove, but was so busy I did not have time to mess with them. Water well was down and spent the first day messing with it. If you are around San Angelo (I'm in Mertzon) I recommend Jim Beam with Crystal Creek Water Well Services. He invited me to his house to get a control box on Saturday and walked me through how to trouble shoot all the parts. Then invited me back for BBQ on Sunday.
                    Here are a 10 and a nine that i watched a lot last year that made it through. I really want to let them go another year, but know the 10 will not make it past the other guys on the lease. The guy closest to me (950yrds) shoots every 10 he can no matter the age.

Here is the wife's cull

Here are 2 at the bow feeder that I think I saw last year. If these are the same deer I saw they are past their prime. What do y'all think
                    Last edited by JJtomball; 09-04-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

That 10 is very nice. Could get very large with some time. Good looking deer.

Comment

Nice 10.

Good luck this season.

Comment

Man 10's tine length is awesome, what you thinking on age? 4.5?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                            That 10 is very nice. Could get very large with some time. Good looking deer.

I agree I would like to see him go another yr or the impossible 2. Last year I had him a 12 to 13 in spread w/ 8 3/4in G2
                            Here is his right side

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                              Man 10's tine length is awesome, what you thinking on age? 4.5?

That's my guess. He looked and acted like 3.5 last year. He was the feeder boss, but there was a giant 8 and an old 10 that were the mature deer in the area. Never got to see them in range.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                                I knew when I posted this that you would raz me. Thanks for fulfilling the prophecy!

LMAO...I try real hard...

Comment

Working...
                                X