Comment

Good place to grab a bite to eat?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1501627367.070560.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	24505460

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          That's easy to do living less than an hour away from your feeders..

I'm pretty sure they are already feeding free choice though.
          We were too but it took them a couple weeks to start on those troughs.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            Good place to grab a bite to eat?[ATTACH]865720[/ATTACH]
            Yep top 3 best all around restaurants in Texas

Comment

We have some critters that need to migrate to the Christoval area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                We had a busy HOT two days at the lease. Buddy who still hunts with us despite being transferred to Kansas got to come in this weekend so we got him situated. Besides the normal topping off of feeders, and filling water we repaired some solar panels of his as well as raised a feeder that has no pen and the cows were bending the crap out of his varmint guard. Added alfalfa this week and according to the Covert it is getting hammered.

Most of our work this weekend after that was camp work. We installed my new outdoor shower that has been in the works for the last few weeks. Gonna be nice to have some rooms to stretch my legs and get dressed without having to make a mad dash to the cabin in my skiveys.. We are very lucky in that the ranch house has a hot water faucet plumbed in on the side and can run a line directly to it. Still got a lot to do inside but the building is done. Will probably add a roof later but have been without one in the little shower for 7 years so no big deal.

Also added a new gate by the cleaning station and water tote filling station. Been a long time coming for this. No more having to run down to the parking entrance gate and around to the water to turn it off and on when cleaning deer or filling tanks will be nice. It's all right there where we stand now. Pic is of the concrete waiting to dry....we wired it in later. This is gonna be a nice convenient addition.

Deer pics are still pretty much young bucks and does on all 4 of our feeders. Disappointing but the more mature deer usually start showing up in August so as long as they show up I'm good. Killed zero coons this weekend which is a first in a long time on a non hunting weekend. I guess that's a good thing. We did however kill two rattlers IN CAMO...

Got my Woodford mount back from last year too. Taxi said his head was the 2nd biggest native area whitetail head outside of breeder deer he has every mounted. Said he had a melon like his owner.. Anyway. I'm happy with the results for my biggest archery buck.

All in all is was a hot fun productive weekend. We finished the weekend off with a feast of tablitas, beans, potato salad and a good fire. Good times, good food, good drink and good friends....and a little work. Bring on dove and deer season soon. 30 more days of August heat and its on!
                Nice buck, Jason. He looks good. Congrats again my friend.

Comment

Safari Studios got me set up with another. Last years bow buck
                  [ATTACH]865675[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]865676[/ATTACH]
                  And hanging with his bigger friends haha
                  [ATTACH]865677[/ATTACH]
                  Looks good, Bobby. Nice Wall....

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

Only if they migrate to Smarts place. I've got too many already

Comment

Nope. You can keep them things up there

Comment

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Few older bucks starting to show up. Still missing a few that should be nice this year.

I really like this buck. With another year or two he could get large...

This buck sure is in good summer condition. Very thankful for the rain.

Assorted others.

Me slaving away with no AC !

Last edited by txwhitetail; 08-01-2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Nice bucks, JR.

Comment

Few older bucks starting to show up. Still missing a few that should be nice this year.

I really like this buck. With another year or two he could get large...

This buck sure is in good summer condition. Very thankful for the rain.

Assorted others.

Me slaving away with no AC !

Very nice. Is that first buck 4.5 or 5.5?

Comment

Good place to grab a bite to eat?[ATTACH]865720[/ATTACH]
                              Yup I always eat there
                              Sterling city?

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                                Yup I always eat there
                                Sterling city?
                                Yep. Pretty sure it's JRs favorite

Comment

Working...
                                X