2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westexhunter75 View Post
    Went to the ranch today to top off the feeders and pull some cards. Still very green out there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Nice bucks! Y'all are greener than we are. Starting to brown up on our lease.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
      Nice bucks! Y'all are greener than we are. Starting to brown up on our lease.
      We've been fortunate! Greenest I've seen it in a long while.

Looks like we're about to get hammered again!

Comment

Come east!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by westexhunter75 View Post
          We've been fortunate! Greenest I've seen it in a long while.

Looks like we're about to get hammered again!

That area north of you where the rain splits is where the desert is.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            That area north of you where the rain splits is where the desert is.
            We are south of there. Well hopefully it won't split on ya this time!

Comment

Looks like water valley is Gettin the spilt. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep we def have a dome over us, it just keeps falling apart as it moves closer

Comment

We had a busy HOT two days at the lease. Buddy who still hunts with us despite being transferred to Kansas got to come in this weekend so we got him situated. Besides the normal topping off of feeders, and filling water we repaired some solar panels of his as well as raised a feeder that has no pen and the cows were bending the crap out of his varmint guard. Added alfalfa this week and according to the Covert it is getting hammered.

Most of our work this weekend after that was camp work. We installed my new outdoor shower that has been in the works for the last few weeks. Gonna be nice to have some rooms to stretch my legs and get dressed without having to make a mad dash to the cabin in my skiveys.. We are very lucky in that the ranch house has a hot water faucet plumbed in on the side and can run a line directly to it. Still got a lot to do inside but the building is done. Will probably add a roof later but have been without one in the little shower for 7 years so no big deal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7426.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	24505401

Name:	000Shower.JPG
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	24505402

Name:	000Shower2.JPG
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	24505403

Name:	0000Shower1.jpg
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	24505404

Name:	0000Shower.jpg
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	24505405

Name:	IMG_7537.JPG
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	24505406

Also added a new gate by the cleaning station and water tote filling station. Been a long time coming for this. No more having to run down to the parking entrance gate and around to the water to turn it off and on when cleaning deer or filling tanks will be nice. It's all right there where we stand now. Pic is of the concrete waiting to dry....we wired it in later. This is gonna be a nice convenient addition.

Name:	IMG_7504.jpg
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	24505407

Deer pics are still pretty much young bucks and does on all 4 of our feeders. Disappointing but the more mature deer usually start showing up in August so as long as they show up I'm good. Killed zero coons this weekend which is a first in a long time on a non hunting weekend. I guess that's a good thing. We did however kill two rattlers IN CAMO... Not a good thing.....

Name:	00snake.JPG
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	24505408

Name:	00snake1.JPG
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	24505409

Got my Woodford mount back from last year too. Taxi said his head was the 2nd biggest native area whitetail head outside of breeder deer he has every mounted. Said he had a melon like his owner.. Anyway. I'm happy with the results for my biggest archery buck.

Name:	AAAAFinal forward (Large).jpg
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	24505410

Name:	00 Woodford found (Medium).jpg
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	24505413

Name:	000Woodford1.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	24505411

Name:	000Woodford.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	24505412

All in all is was a hot fun productive weekend. We finished the weekend off with a feast of tablitas, beans, potato salad and a good fire. Good times, good food, good drink and good friends....and a little work. Bring on dove and deer season soon. 30 more days of August heat and its on!

Comment

Great mount Smart

Comment

We have a big work weekend planned. Topping off protein feeders and moving some blinds around. We are also buying 3 Lamco timed protein feeders, setting them and filling. Hoping the rain doesn't slow us down too much.

Comment

No roof, man those frosty mornings would be tough to shower in.

Dang sure didn't need the visual of you running in skiveys

Y'all have dang sure done a lot of work this yr. we are gonna have a busy week around camp sept 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          We had a busy HOT two days at the lease. Buddy who still hunts with us despite being transferred to Kansas got to come in this weekend so we got him situated. Besides the normal topping off of feeders, and filling water we repaired some solar panels of his as well as raised a feeder that has no pen and the cows were bending the crap out of his varmint guard. Added alfalfa this week and according to the Covert it is getting hammered.

Most of our work this weekend after that was camp work. We installed my new outdoor shower that has been in the works for the last few weeks. Gonna be nice to have some rooms to stretch my legs and get dressed without having to make a mad dash to the cabin in my skiveys.. We are very lucky in that the ranch house has a hot water faucet plumbed in on the side and can run a line directly to it. Still got a lot to do inside but the building is done. Will probably add a roof later but have been without one in the little shower for 7 years so no big deal.

[ATTACH]865591[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]865592[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]865593[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]865594[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]865595[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]865596[/ATTACH]

Also added a new gate by the cleaning station and water tote filling station. Been a long time coming for this. No more having to run down to the parking entrance gate and around to the water to turn it off and on when cleaning deer or filling tanks will be nice. It's all right there where we stand now. Pic is of the concrete waiting to dry....we wired it in later. This is gonna be a nice convenient addition.

[ATTACH]865597[/ATTACH]

Deer pics are still pretty much young bucks and does on all 4 of our feeders. Disappointing but the more mature deer usually start showing up in August so as long as they show up I'm good. Killed zero coons this weekend which is a first in a long time on a non hunting weekend. I guess that's a good thing. We did however kill two rattlers IN CAMO... Not a good thing.....

[ATTACH]865598[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]865599[/ATTACH]

Got my Woodford mount back from last year too. Taxi said his head was the 2nd biggest native area whitetail head outside of breeder deer he has every mounted. Said he had a melon like his owner.. Anyway. I'm happy with the results for my biggest archery buck.

[ATTACH]865600[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]865603[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]865601[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]865602[/ATTACH]

All in all is was a hot fun productive weekend. We finished the weekend off with a feast of tablitas, beans, potato salad and a good fire. Good times, good food, good drink and good friends....and a little work. Bring on dove and deer season soon. 30 more days of August heat and its on!
                          Woodford looks great on the wall....Attaboy!

Comment

I did get blinds set two weeks ago on my quick solo trip. Set two krivos, 1500# protien, 1000# corn, 4 bales alfalfa, 200# rice bran and 500gal of water.

Also set my new solar panel/rechargeable battery setups ala smart.
                            Built two of these "holders", 2x6, 6" metal track and U bolts.

Was a good weekend but a lot to do by myself in about 24hrs. Looking forward to spending a weekend with others in camp.
                            Have been on solo quick trips since April because of work and kids sports.

Comment

Got my fart vent put on my new bow blind!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                                Got my fart vent put on my new bow blind!

Haha! Looks good

Comment

Working...
                                X