No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks fellas, it's been something that I've wanted to shoot my whole life and it finally came together. Couldn't be happier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ataboy son, that's a great axis

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
        Had an awesome weekend Huntin axis out west!

Congrats brother!! Glad you got to bring it over before we took it off to Josh. Can't wait to get both ours back!!

Comment

Congrats Brady, he was a fighter!

I'm still looking for my first, I just never had time to hunt this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            Congrats Brady, he was a fighter!

I'm still looking for my first, I just never had time to hunt this summer.

Jack, you'll have to get hooked up with Seth!! You need to roll with us next time we are out there. I think dove season, we'll be back out there and you can check out their whole operation.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
              Had an awesome weekend Huntin axis out west!
              Congrats on the Axis.

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah he was a brute. What's Yalls opinions on getting the antlers that are broke fixed? I'm leanin to yes just want to hear some opinions.

Comment

I guess I should check in. I check this thread nearly everyday to see how it is going. I rarely comment because I hate to type, and I am usually to busy to stop and type something. When I have something to say or show I will add to the thread. Sorry I just normally have time to check in then move on. Thankfully I don't work on a computer all day. If and when I have something to add, I will. Till then I will continue to just check on this thread. Please don't think I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                    I guess I should check in. I check this thread nearly everyday to see how it is going. I rarely comment because I hate to type, and I am usually to busy to stop and type something. When I have something to say or show I will add to the thread. Sorry I just normally have time to check in then move on. Thankfully I don't work on a computer all day. If and when I have something to add, I will. Till then I will continue to just check on this thread. Please don't think I don't care.
                    I have been meaning to get with you and Brett. I'm headed on my first elk hunt this year and may need some guidance. It's on private land but it's all DIY. I'm leaving September 14 after our last trip before seasn to the lease in Water Valley, and coming back the 23. Maybe I can meet up with y'all out west one weekend and talk elk.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                      Slacker!!!

Comment

Few random water trough pics,

lots of bone in the water
                        [ATTACH]864319[/ATTACH

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0148 (800x450).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	24503060

Name:	IMG_0141 (800x450).jpg
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	24503061

Name:	IMG_0149 (800x450).jpg
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	24503062

Name:	IMG_0171 (800x450).jpg
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	24503063

Name:	IMG_1133 (800x450).jpg
Size:	261.3 KB
ID:	24503064

Name:	IMG_1410 (800x450).jpg
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	24503065

Name:	IMG_1156 (800x450).jpg
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	24503066

Comment

No rain in Silver but seemed to be all around us. Lots of deer, hog and rattlesnake activity. Deer are plentiful and look to be very healthy. Only noticed about 25% of the does had twins with them. Feeders were very busy, lost count at 30+ on the first feeding. They ate the corn so fast i had to get down from blind to hit the test button 4 more times. Wasnt long before they were back. Snakes were out at night, we have killed 4 in the last 2 weekends around the gates so watch out.

Comment

lots of bone in the water
                            [ATTACH]864319[/ATTACH

[ATTACH]864319[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]864320[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]864321[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]864322[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]864323[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]864324[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]864325[/ATTACH]
                            Sweet pictures. Never know what you will get on camera over water in that part of the country. I may do this since our deer are still slow, slow on the feeders right now.

Comment

lots of bone in the water.
                              Nice pics, Jack.

Comment

Our feeders have been heavy all summer but I'm not sure what to gauge it off of since this is the first yr. if we are slow right now I can't wait till they get busy

Comment

Working...
                                X