No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jack you got me motivated. Pulled some junk out of my scrap metal pile and made a redneck style alfalfa feeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nice build!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
        Thanks Jack you got me motivated. Pulled some junk out of my scrap metal pile and made a redneck style alfalfa feeder.

That'll work.

Comment

That's the best kind of build

Comment

Good looking camp set-up Smart! We need one of those campfire grills. What's the inside of that little cabin look like?

Comment

Do y'all have cows where y'all are feeding alfalfa? I have my hay feeder in my feedpen and I am thinking it's just a matter of time before the cows make a way in the pen. I get pictures daily of them walking the edge. Do y'all have any problems with them knocking down fences to get to it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                Do y'all have cows where y'all are feeding alfalfa? I have my hay feeder in my feedpen and I am thinking it's just a matter of time before the cows make a way in the pen. I get pictures daily of them walking the edge. Do y'all have any problems with them knocking down fences to get to it?

Jzoch can tell you all about it [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                  Jzoch can tell you all about it [emoji23]

I figured someone had an experience. Lol...... I'm afraid it's only a matter of time for mine

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    That's the best kind of build

They still hammerin on the alfalfa at the lease?

Comment

Originally posted by CMS View Post
                      Good looking camp set-up Smart! We need one of those campfire grills. What's the inside of that little cabin look like?

Thanks CMS...

It is 12x24 so its pretty roomy.....we have three guys (including myself) that own it but only two of us use it regularly as one of the guys live in San Angelo and doesn't stay much. It is also kind of our "community center" for us all to hang out since we have Dish Network, AC, sink with running hot and cold water, multiple seats, DQ table and a cell booster.. Some of these are old pics and we've upgraded a few things (like the TV and shelving) but it is a nice little setup for us.

Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0245.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	24502808

Name:	101_0247 (Medium).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	24502809

Name:	IMG_6012.jpg
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	24502811

Name:	IMG_7188.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	24502810

Redneck ceiling fan..

Name:	101_0253.jpg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	24502812

Cell Booster

Name:	cell booster 2015.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	24502813

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                        We have cows......but we also have good strong large pens. No issue with the cows mowing down pens so far to get to alfalfa since 2011. Maybe in drought conditions some folks might but we didn't have any issues then either..

Name:	0000alfala0.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	24502814

Name:	0000Al0.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	24502815

I had one of the 55gal each at my two pens but when I got the big feeder above, I moved the two 55 gallon drums to the other pen to increase my capacity at both pens. We can get 8-10 days out of a 3 strand bale in these....sometimes 5-6 when they are really on it heavy like late in the winter. The big feeder hold just over a 3 strand. I can fill both 55 gallon drums on one 3 strand. I wished I lived closer to keep it full but it's just impossible.

Name:	00alfala2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	24502816

Name:	00alfala1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	24502817
                        Last edited by Smart; 07-21-2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          We have cows......but we also have good strong pens. No issue with the cows mowing down pens so far to get to alfalfa since 2011. Maybe in drought conditions some folks might but we didn't have any issues then either..

[ATTACH]863823[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]863824[/ATTACH]

I had one of the 55gal each at my two pens but when I got the big feeder above, I moved the two 55 gallon drums to the other pen to increase my capacity at both pens. We can get 8-10 days out of a 3 strand bale in these....sometimes 5-6 when they are really on it heavy like late in the winter.

[ATTACH]863825[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]863827[/ATTACH]

That's the same setup I have. I bought it from Humper a while back so I'm sure it came from y'alls lease. I would like to the think the pen is well built, so hopefully they won't bother it.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                            They still hammerin on the alfalfa at the lease?

Well a month ago when I was there they were

I've never had a problem with cows. Young heifers seem to be the worse or if your pasture is overgrazed. There should be enough forage that they won't jump a cattle panel.

Comment

Boys have to stop and visit with Mr Bob when we get to the ranch house.

Comment

Smart the new water hole is working great!

Comment

Working...
                                X