2017 Coon Carnage Count....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
    One more last night, plus another paw in the same trap I had the paw only the day before. Wondering if I now have a trash panda missing both front feet?

My one last night brings the count to 988.

All the best,

Glenn

Come on with the paw pics ! You got the militant ISIS coons over their. Suicide bombers ! Lol. Love to see the 3 leggers walking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

992 on dp with tuna

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
        Come on with the paw pics ! You got the militant ISIS coons over their. Suicide bombers ! Lol. Love to see the 3 leggers walking around.
        I didn't take a picture of the paw from Saturday morning, but took a picture of the one this morning. I can't believe they actually do this to get loose. How do I catch these crazy suckers? Body traps? I'm hesitant to get one of those, as I don't want deer getting caught in it.

Comment

You can try a live trap.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
            I didn't take a picture of the paw from Saturday morning, but took a picture of the one this morning. I can't believe they actually do this to get loose. How do I catch these crazy suckers? Body traps? I'm hesitant to get one of those, as I don't want deer getting caught in it.

We've had a few do that.... maybe 3-4. Caught 135 since 5/15. Not gonna change up a successful game because a few got away. We hoping they bled out anyway[emoji13]

Comment

Total now 994. Caught using corn. One had almost chewed his paw off.

Comment

Caught one this morning in the duke with marshmallow and fish oil.
                And had one get lose

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  We've had a few do that.... maybe 3-4. Caught 135 since 5/15. Not gonna change up a successful game because a few got away. We hoping they bled out anyway[emoji13]
                  I was wondering about that as well. I didn't see a blood trail, but there was a bit of blood around the trap and on the trap. The one that chewed his paw off the day before was really odd. It was the first one I had ever seen do that, and the remaining meat from the paw was wrapped several times around the fence wire. I don't know how he did that. I removed it from the trap, and then had to "unwrap" the stringy part of the arm that was wrapped around the fence wire to remove it. The one time I wasn't carrying my knife....

All the best,
                  Glenn

Comment

Oh - I forgot to add... I almost lost a new trap. Can't believe I did this.

I bought some extra traps, and was setting out a brand new one. I set it, pushed it into the ground, and filled it. I was going back to my truck for another D-Ring shackle, which I use to secure them around a T-post at my feeder. Some kind of way, I got distracted, and never came back to that trap to secure it to the T-post. Luckily... the raccoons didn't try that one. I would have lost a brand new trap.

All the best,
                    Glenn

Comment

So what is the prize going to be for # 1000 ?

We should have set up some sort of donations to celebrate the lucky 1000 th trapper !

Maybe a Davey Crockett Coon hat ?

lol

Comment

1001 I got 6 this past weekend out west on DP traps and protein

Comment

We killed 19 this weekend in Pandale. We used Dukes baited with dog food and shot a few more while riding around. We set 4 traps Friday afternoon at one feeder and at 10:00 that night each trap had a coon, lol. I did have one Saturday morning that I guess had been chewing on his leg.

Comment

Two last night on DPs Irion Co.

Comment

Whoot whoot on breaking 1,000 before the year midpoint! Nice work ladies and gents.

Comment

11 more this weekend. Plus two more disappeared with a D shackle on it

Comment

Working...
                                X