No announcement yet.

Official 2017 surf fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet that was an awesome fight between the boy and the Jack.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
      Caught a few small shark nothing over 5ft. My son did a great job on the Jack. Should have kept him for shark bait but I already have a freezer full of cow nose so back he went.

Dang!! You released primo bait. Lol! Awesome catch though. Congrats to your boy. Them dang things are very strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will any of you guys be down to PINS this weekend? We are planning to be there Saturday afternoon through Tuesday morning, it would be cool to meet some of ya'll.
        Last edited by R Dubya; 05-23-2017, 08:46 AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Originally posted by R Dubya View Post
          Will any of you guys be down to PINS this weekend? We are planning to be there Saturday afternoon through Tuesday morning, it be cool to meet some of ya'll.
          I wish I was, but I'm going to be stuck at work.

Comment

Originally posted by R Dubya View Post
            Will any of you guys be down to PINS this weekend? We are planning to be there Saturday afternoon through Tuesday morning, it would be cool to meet some of ya'll.
            Have any luck?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
              Have any luck?
              We ended up going to Bolivar, and no luck. Monday morning ended up being quite the experience, loading up while the surf was rolling up to the dunes.

Comment

I am planning on camping around 15-20 miles down. Is there any cell service at all? Just need enough to send and receive texts?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I am planning on camping around 15-20 miles down. Is there any cell service at all? Just need enough to send and receive texts?

On my phone at 20 mile marker phone service was no go.

Comment

There is one provider, small one, that works most of the beach.
                    But att, Verizon, etc not past 6-7 for text.

Comment

When are you headed down? I'll be out there a day or two this week

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                        When are you headed down? I'll be out there a day or two this week

Next week.

Comment

How's the driving been down there? I heard from a buddy that the tides have been pushing up to the dunes as early as about 16-17 mm. Their rv got wet inside & something came in with the tide and dented up the front bumper and hood of a car. Are tides like that pretty normal this time of year?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Surveyor View Post
                            How's the driving been down there? I heard from a buddy that the tides have been pushing up to the dunes as early as about 16-17 mm. Their rv got wet inside & something came in with the tide and dented up the front bumper and hood of a car. Are tides like that pretty normal this time of year?
                            Last weekend, or was it two weeks ago, was a super high tide that caught a lot of people off guard. Just pay attention to the weather before heading out.
                            As far as driving, I'd expect it to be pretty good with all this rain we're having, but I don't really know.

Comment

My wife and I camped at Pins Monday and Tuesday night around the 16 mile marker. The wind made for some tough fishing in the surf but I managed to catch a whole lot of Whiting, about a dozen Pompano, and a few small Trout. I never hung a shark but I did have a heck of a fight on a big Jack Tuesday morning. This was our first trip down to Pins and we had a blast.

Comment

How was the tide? It was up yesterday SBH.

Comment

Working...
                                X