Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome and welcome

Anyone going down opening weekend???

Comment

Had Kendall Jones out filming an Aoudad hunt today with another young lady. The other girl connected on a nice Ram from my stand. I'm sure Kendall will get hers tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        Had Kendall Jones out filming an Aoudad hunt today with another young lady. The other girl connected on a nice Ram from my stand. I'm sure Kendall will get hers tomorrow.

And all we get is pictures of stink goats in a feed pen??? Booo!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          And all we get is pictures of stink goats in a feed pen??? Booo!!!!

I was going to post pics but wasn't sure if the young lady that killed the ram wanted hers posted so I didn't.

Comment

I saw some pictures of her out hunting Aoudad. Pretty cool that its your place!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Well, I guess I can be an official part of this thread now. I live 3 miles from Sonora on a 122ac we bought in June! I'm excited to be able to hunt on my own place!!!!

Good luck to everybody!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Awesome! Congrats, Bisch!!

Comment

Man, it is GREEN up in here. Lots of rain lately. Water standing everywhere. Acorns dropping. Deer can eat and drink anywhere they want to go right now. All the whitetail bucks that were daily regulars at my bow setups all summer disappeared off the cameras when the rain started a few days ago. I've seen some of them in other pastures this weekend when I've been stalking axis with my rifle. Summertime pattern is over.

Seeing lots of axis out and about. Saw a shooter this morning, but only for about 3 seconds. No shot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had some movement about 80 yards past the feeder earlier. Fingers crossed....

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    Man, it is GREEN up in here. Lots of rain lately. Water standing everywhere. Acorns dropping. Deer can eat and drink anywhere they want to go right now. All the whitetail bucks that were daily regulars at my bow setups all summer disappeared off the cameras when the rain started a few days ago. I've seen some of them in other pastures this weekend when I've been stalking axis with my rifle. Summertime pattern is over.

Seeing lots of axis out and about. Saw a shooter this morning, but only for about 3 seconds. No shot.

Same story at our place. Weather station showed almost 4" of rain last week. Deer sightings were slim to none. Rain is good for the animals, but sure does make it harder on the hunter at our place. The deer at our place do not like the north breeze. I guess they get used to that stiff south breeze that blows the majority of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                      Same story at our place. Weather station showed almost 4" of rain last week. Deer sightings were slim to none. Rain is good for the animals, but sure does make it harder on the hunter at our place. The deer at our place do not like the north breeze. I guess they get used to that stiff south breeze that blows the majority of the year.
                      We saw tons of axis and whitetail. They just ignored the feeders. Not long after I posted the pic above in my popup, I had several of my hit list whitetail bucks at 60-100 yards out grazing, but they didn't even look at the protein feeder. Lots of forbes sprouting up had their attention. Had a group of sika in the pasture as well, but they were 600 yards away, and I didn't have my rifle with me. I couldn't slip out of the popup to go back to my truck to get it because of all the whitetail grazing between me and the sika. Had a really nice sika buck in the group that I would have LOVED to take. I went back to that spot Sunday morning with my rifle, hoping to see the sika again. They weren't there. Axis were in that same spot in some trees near the fence. By the time I got to 300 yards, they were still in the trees and started heading to the fence. Too much brush for a shot, and they hopped the fence and were gone before I could get into a position for a shot at the big buck that was with them.

Seeing them isn't a problem. Getting a shot at them.... that's a different story.

Also, Saturday night as we were sitting near the gate about to leave, a truck came slow rolling down the road and was spotlighting into our pasture. We turned on our headlights and headed for the gate and up the road. I reached for my cell phone to call the game warden, and my phone wasn't in my pocket. I'd left it on the bed cover of my truck. I had to stop to get it before I lost it. Poacher got away before I could get a visual on the truck or license plate. ****** me off.

Comment

Hate to hear about the poachers. We did find a carcass of a dead axis doe. I'm guessing one of the neighbors shot her with a rifle and didn't find her. We are about a little over a mile off the road so we don't have any problems with poachers that I know of.

Comment

I wish we had a few bump gates between our place and the pavement.

Comment

That stinks hopefully they get caught sooner than later. Doing a little iradicating of some auodad at our place.

Comment

We heading down Friday to see what shakes loose !!

Comment

I'm not gonna make it till the end of the month! Oh well. Catch fish I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X