• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America, Great Again.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      Here is how I look at.

If you want to call yourself an American Company and enjoy the considerations that come with that than you keep your jobs here. If you want to move your manufacturing to Mexico than you can be a Mexican company and you will pay tariffs and taxes that are designed to protect American jobs. Let GMC go move to Mexico city and hire all Mexican labor and see how many crappy non working vehicles get bought by Americans.

Now if a company wants to purchase parts or goods from a company in another country that is a different issue but tarrifs and taxes are still placed on this as we speak, minus NAFTA which was not designed to help the common man and Trump vows to trash.
      I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
        It's not as embarrassing and the current president taking pictures and video with a selfie stick in the Whitehouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        True dat!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          True dat!
          Says the guy with a selfie for his avatar

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
            so where's xbowhunter and joshua flournoy . I miss their unbiased insight.
            lol

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
              That's his son. Bayouboy is 81 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                He is a business man and business men do whats best for their companies. When the tax system put a business man at a disadvantage they take steps to get that advantage back. He had nothing to do with the tax system in place now. When he is done he will more than likely bring back some of the business he sent away. Exactly why other business have decided to stay for now because they see someone who says he is going to give that advantage back to them as well
                Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                There's a difference in HAVING business interest overseas as opposed to MOVING a business overseas. But you should know that.
                You guys should know better than to reply to LWC. He can't see anything from a neutral standpoint. He probably thinks if he was Trump he would have given the IRS an extra 5 billion in taxes because it's the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  I was wrong - and just like the previous 8 years, will be fine.

I never said anything about Trump getting in, or what would happen if he got elected. I simply dont care for him, and still dont.

I respect the office of President now, and before.
                  Sorry if it wasn't you but a ton of people were screaming how Trump was/is the devil. How he's really liberal. Blah blah.. Now that he seems to be doing what he said, which is awesome BTW, they keep trying to focus on anything they can grasp.

I just can't figure the haters out. What more does Trump need to do BEFORE he gets in office for crying out loud?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    That's his son. Bayouboy is 81 years old.
                    No that is bayou boy, you are thinking of bayouman. Oldmanbayou is the grandfather and is still around too.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                      I will admit, that was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        You guys should know better than to reply to LWC. He can't see anything from a neutral standpoint. He probably thinks if he was Trump he would have given the IRS an extra 5 billion in taxes because it's the right thing to do.
                        You should know better too. You normally just slink off to another thread after I shoot down your awesome ideas....not to be heard from again until you think you have some great insight. Go see the immigration and russian thread to name a couple off the top of my head.

But to answer your insult. I would not "give" our wasteful government anything nor do I expect trump to give us anything. I expect him to do what is right for trump and if that benefits us, all the better. Hopefully we get some of that "trickle down". But not the kind that trump likes
                        Last edited by LWC; 01-12-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          He is a business man and business men do whats best for their companies. When the tax system put a business man at a disadvantage they take steps to get that advantage back. He had nothing to do with the tax system in place now. When he is done he will more than likely bring back some of the business he sent away. Exactly why other business have decided to stay for now because they see someone who says he is going to give that advantage back to them as well

So if it costs Ford $19,000 to build that F250 in Detroit but only $4,500 to build and a $2,500 maquiladora tax to build in Nuevo Laredo why not just send all the work to Mexico if only concern is about your business profit?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            I will admit, that was funny.
                            You are too kind. Maybe we can drink a beer together sometime. Then argue a bit and punch each other

Comment

Working...
                            X