Late Muzzleloader season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Muzzleloader season

Who else besides me will be smokepole hunting tomorrow? It supposed to get to 20 tomorrow where I hunt. Could be epic...

I'm out here now! It's cold but if you keep the wind off of you it's not that bad. Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

Thanks brother...

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
      I'm out here now! It's cold but if you keep the wind off of you it's not that bad. Good luck tomorrow!
      Been a tough season in the NAV for me this year but it can all change in about 5 seconds! I'm keeping the faith!

I have a buddy heater in the blind and I'm gonna sit all morning tomorrow by creek...

Comment

I'm planning on it. I still have a buck tag in my pocket and the CVA Optima wants to eat.

Comment

I can't get away til Sat. Plan to be out Sat evening and all day Sunday. Should be nice as the woods have been quiet and free of man since Dec 19th.

Comment

It's been tough for us too. The feeders were not the place to hunt this season. Almost all the deer seen here were in the trees on acorns. I'll have to change my strategy for next year.

Yeah bring your heater. I left mine in the truck but am wishing I had it right now.

Comment

On my way now. Need one more freezer filler. Boom!

Comment

Yep, thanks to all the counties with a ML season for the first time this year there will be alot of meat put in the freezer this weekend that wouldn't have been. I can remember years past where we would have a warm deer season only to see it turn cold in january and it would drive the deer hunters nuts.

Comment

My local place has been a total bust this year--one shot at a doe during bow season and I missed, and I've seen zero bucks. Got several on camera but either all at night or we didn't get our schedules coordinated. So, I've shifted into pig-killing gear--

Comment

I plan on hitting it hard starting Tuesday.......the ol CVA Optima is ready to eat!

Comment

Yup! Gonna be a cold one.

Comment

I'm still kicking myself in the foot for selling my muzzleloader before these new rules came into effect, I was confident I was going to get a deer before Jan. 1st lol but bowhunting with a stickbow 90% of the time has its challenges...

Comment

I will. Need some sausage meat. I'll be in Colorado county in a box blind with my buddy heater for a 3 day hunt.

Comment

Been at it for 2 days. Haven't seen the first deer. Getting plenty of pictures on my cameras - all at night. These deer get smarter and harder to hunt every year.
                            Gonna be really cold tomorrow morning but I will be in my ladder stand before daylight again.

Comment

Boom!!! Cough cough! Big nanny freezer filler down in the pine straw

Comment

Working...
                              X