Transfer of Federal Lands to States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raiderelkhunter View Post

To really delve into the Texas deal, I wish I knew why Texas sold its state trust lands immediately upon receiving it
    That answer is easy, straight cash homie.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinB View Post
      So if I oppose this, what should I do? Call my congressman?

It's John Ratcliffe. I couldn't find on the website how he voted on the rule change on Tuesday.

Yes, call and/or e-mail your Congressman, Cornyn and Cruz. If you get a response from Ted's staff, post it up. They blew me off a few months ago when I told them sensible sportsmen aren't falling for his agenda on this issue.

Learn more about Ted Cruz: www.tedcruz.orgFollow Ted: twitter.com/tedcruzLike Ted: fb.com/tedcruzpageTed’s Instagram: instragram.com/cruzforpresidentDonate: ...

Comment

Texas Kept Their Land When They Entered the Union in 1845

And gave it away or sold almost all of it.

That's why you pay insane amounts of money for the privilege of hunting in this state.

There are millions of acres of Federal land out west where you can shoot, hunt, and fish......for nothing more than the cost of a license.

I'm not aware of ANY public land in the state of Texas where you can just go shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          Sorry, but I'm on the side of the states. The states have a much better track record of making hunting on public lands a priority. Take a look at all of the stupid rules to hunt Laguna Atascosa vs. any state wildlife management area.
          Texas yes but show me another state.

Nevada? CO?

Comment

It will be stripped bare of resources, trees, minerals, water and what not. When the natural beauty is gone it will sold to private parties who will "restore" it at the benefit of their own pocket. Hard to even find a state land area on it that doesn't have a natural gas well on it anymore

Comment

yep this is not a good idea and could be a nail in the hammer for public hunting in the future

Comment

National forest here ain't that great as far as hunting goes.
                Define “great”….They are free to hunt which is “great” to me. Otherwise, I’d argue they are as good to hunt as private land and perhaps even better.

The state would love to sell every acre. They get cash from the sale and then get to tax the new private owner.

Comment

I joined Backcountry Hunters today and wrote to my federal representatives. Thanks for posting about this.

Comment

For those for this can you tell me what state forests are open to public hunting vs national forests? And I'm not talking about the draw hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                      This is a terrible idea and the more I read up on it the more I am convinced it has nothing to do with States rights or control. It is all about making money.
                      Ding ding ding! Winner winner chicken dinner!

Comment

It is amazing to think of all the hunting and fishing opportunities we could have here in TX if the state wouldn't have sold off all of the people's land. Be nice to go hunt without paying that lease bill.

I do enjoy making an annual trip out west. I also just joined the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                          This is a terrible idea and the more I read up on it the more I am convinced it has nothing to do with States rights or control. It is all about making money.
                          Exactly, anyone or group that tells u any different is lying. Public land is just that public and should remain that way

Comment

Sell it all. I'd rather see it in private hands. Non residents get rooked in the drawings and license fees. No sense in us paying taxes and not getting a fair share hunting it.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              Sell it all. I'd rather see it in private hands. Non residents get rooked in the drawings and license fees. No sense in us paying taxes and not getting a fair share hunting it.
                              Public lands aren't here just for hunting. As far as drawings and license fees, those are up to the states. Considering this is about the states taking over federal lands, your argument is illogical.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                                Public lands aren't here just for hunting. As far as drawings and license fees, those are up to the states. Considering this is about the states taking over federal lands, your argument is illogical.
                                Not really. If the states get the land they will sell some of it. Private landowners will sell hunts. The locals pay almost nothing to hunt. That would change. Instead of getting a resident license fee for an elk it will get sold for thousands of dollars.

Comment

Working...
                                X