Skinny and FND Live Hunt Challenge 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
    I'm gonna give it a try tonight. First sit with my bow rigged for night hunting. Don't have enough service to load pics. Light rain and wind is not quite the way I would prefer. No thermacell yet either. We started running the feeder again and put up the cam. Boar is not as big as I originally thought (probably more like 150#), but now I also have a couple sows and 8 20#er piglets.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Good luck man! Kill ya one!

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Well boys. I'm gonna confess to not doing a "live" hunt this past Friday. I didn't really think it was appropriate with all that was going on. And honestly, it was a nice break to just go hunting without all that goes with a live hunt.

Anyway, there was drama and above all there was Weqtrae. Drama in that I scared the boar I was hunting away when I got there. He came back an hour later and I guess busted me again. But I waited out a group of sows and 25 pounders that I knew would come eventually. They showed around 10 pm

Pics and video to follow...

Scared him off as I snuck to check camera...

Weqtrae!!! She may have made it 15 yards.

Slacker. [emoji23]

Congrats on the pork chop!

Skinny

Comment

Skeeters are tearing me up! Didn't think they would be as bad with the less than 70 degree weather and light breeze.

Comment

Congrats FND!

Now lets see some LDPS Muskles![emoji3]
          Good luck!
          Last edited by dbpredator; 08-27-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Congrats FND!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update Muskles??

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not my night, I'm out. Almost no service in the stand. Fed the mosquitoes up real good though. Pigs aren't predictable yet. 30 yards to feeder, hand corn 15-20 yards, and 80 yards to the house. Sows and piglets came through last night around 9 and again this morning around 8.

Comment

Dern

Comment

Dang it! I wanted a Muskles LDP![emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
                      Dang it! I wanted a Muskles LDP![emoji23]

Me too, but tonight was really more of a feeler for me. First time I've sat in a tree with a bow in the dark. Doesn't bother me with a gun, but I wasn't sure about the one shot thing with a bow. I enjoyed it, aside from the skeeters. Would have been nice to see something though. Probably gonna try it the next 2 nights before Harvey gets here.

Comment

Better luck next time Muskles!

Skinny

Comment

Congrats Jeff, good job on waiting them out and great shot!

Comment

The plan was to hunt this evening. Got home this afternoon a little after 4, and the pigs were at the feeder. They've been real unpredictable, so I figured they were done for the day and decided not to sit. The wife and I were about to ride down and check the camera around 7:45. She opened the back door, stopped, turned around and said, "well, guess not because they're down there now!" I shut the door to my truck when I got home, my wife and both the boys shut their car doors when they got home, we stood on the back porch talking, 80 yards away. Nothing spooked them. I started to try to be a bad arse like Tex and stalk em, but there was 3 grown pigs and probably 8-10 bacon seeds. I wimped out. Thermacell is supposed to be here tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                              The plan was to hunt this evening. Got home this afternoon a little after 4, and the pigs were at the feeder. They've been real unpredictable, so I figured they were done for the day and decided not to sit. The wife and I were about to ride down and check the camera around 7:45. She opened the back door, stopped, turned around and said, "well, guess not because they're down there now!" I shut the door to my truck when I got home, my wife and both the boys shut their car doors when they got home, we stood on the back porch talking, 80 yards away. Nothing spooked them. I started to try to be a bad arse like Tex and stalk em, but there was 3 grown pigs and probably 8-10 bacon seeds. I wimped out. Thermacell is supposed to be here tomorrow.

Oh you gunna stick one soon. I can feel it!!!

Skinny

Comment

I'm ready! I've been looking at em through the riffle scope and it's been tempting to give it a squeeze. The youngest son is starting to show interest in shooting them also. I'd like to get one with the bow, before we start shooting at them with the riffles.

Comment

Working...
                                X