Skinny and FND Live Hunt Challenge 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
    My freezer is full so no I don't eat them all by any stretch. I've given several away to coworkers and family...the rest get drug off to the massive pig graveyard for the yotes and buzzards to eat.

Skinny
    Fify

Comment

Roger that. I appreciate it guys. So am I missing out on limiting myself to the small ones? I mean, I have made decent sausage from bigger ones, because I can pour the seasoning and spices to it, but other than that...I may be doing it wrong.

Comment

Skinny and FND Live Hunt Challenge 2017

Lol!!!

If I had a walk in cooler I could give more of them away. It would be easy to handle them and keep them cool till someone came and got one or two. It's too much work and gets expensive icing down pigs for folks that say they want a pig and then end up changing their minds.

Skinny

Comment

Lol!!!

If I had a walk in cooler I could give more of them away. It would be easy to handle them and keep them cool till someone came and got one or two. It's too much work and gets expensive icing down pigs for folks that say they want a pig and then end up changing their minds.

Skinny
          Let's build ya one!

Comment

Originally posted by BillF_2017 View Post
            Roger that. I appreciate it guys. So am I missing out on limiting myself to the small ones? I mean, I have made decent sausage from bigger ones, because I can pour the seasoning and spices to it, but other than that...I may be doing it wrong.

I prefer cooking pigs in quarters vs making sausage. I've found that the big boars are a little tougher when it comes to that. A pig 150 pounds and less are better in that regard in my opinion. The front shoulders are my fav part to smoke and slow cook. The meat is a little more stringy on a big boar from my experience. Smaller ones melt in your mouth.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Lol.
              Wasn't kidding. Lotsa sausage

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Wasn't kidding. Lotsa sausage
                We've made sausage out of some pretty good sized boars. We eat the backstrap from em too. As soon as I can get to em, I cut their throat and get em bleeding. Get em cleaned and in the cooler ASAP. No one can tell the difference. My FIL says he won't eat a boar of any size. He doesn't know he already has![emoji41]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I hear ya but I can't get past the taste of those big suckers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats skinny...thats some great quality video from iphone.
                    I may have to look into iphone7 and get a stand or mount to bow/rifle.
                    Last edited by axisbuck; 07-19-2017, 06:00 PM.

Comment

I have several ways I film my hunts. My main camera is a Canon Vixia HF G10.

I also film with a GoPro Hero 5 at times.

Tonight I filmed with my iPhone 7+ in the 4K setting.

Here's that footage.

608 Boar 7-18-17 - YouTube

Skinny

What do you mount your iPhone too?

Comment

Originally posted by jetboysixx View Post
                        What do you mount your iPhone too?

Links...

Comment

Alright I'm in! Hunting up on the hill at the DDR where I live.

This big group been here bout daily. Wind is good.

Comment

Comment

Bad luck hogdude!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                                Congrats skinny...thats some great quality video from iphone.
                                I may have to look into iphone7 and get a stand or mount to bow/rifle.

Thank you! And yes it's pretty good! The actual video on my phone is outstanding. Little bit of quality lost uploading to YouTube for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X