No announcement yet.

Skinny and FND Live Hunt Challenge 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww. The Chins of Wisdom. A great sign of a wise man.

Well. At least a well fed man. I sir, am in the infamous wisdom clan myself! Keep on KAP!!

Comment

nice work Jeff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats FND!

Comment

Congrats Jeff and great shooting, that thing was really leaking.

Comment

Congrats Jeff!

Comment

This is most fun after season pig thread..great job skinny and fnd!

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                Congrats ..that blood trail looks like a scarie movie! Pics look good but I quit using the flashlight and went to straight flash. Red light for set up and just flash for pic. Not that it's right but it doesn't seem to wash it out. I would lke to know what skinny does his pics are pretty **** good.
                Congrats again!

I look again and it looks like just flash. What do I know!

If I'm alone and able, I use the headlights from my ranger or pickup to give me a little distant light...and I use a small tripod with my iPhone 7+ with flash on and a 10 second timer.

If I kill a pig on the place I live, and my wife is around, I'll get the pig back to the house and she will take the pics for me....again, using the ranger headlights to light things up and phone flash on. [emoji1474]

The selfie LDP's in the brush are the hardest. I use my white led flashlight to give me enough light to focus phone cam...little tripod is a life saver. And trust me, I have plenty of washed out pics on my camera roll. Lol. Sometimes it might take me 10 tries to get a selfie LDP taken that I like. That's a lot of up and down from behind the pig, checking previous pic, setting cam back up, etc. lol. It's a beating at times, but always happy I took the extra effort to get a decent pic.
                Last edited by Skinny; 03-17-2017, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Congrats FND

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I've decided to forego hunting tonight...been working on getting Ray Ray a good setup to bow hunt out of later this year, filling feeders, drinking Wild Turkey, etc. I'm gunna chill!

My wife and kiddos will be out of town tomorrow night, so I'll get after a pig then.

Comment

That looks like a killa spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        That looks like a killa spot.

Thanks!

I sent the pic to Ray and she asked if it was "hidden" enough. Lol

I went and brushed it in a bit. She approved. [emoji1]

Comment

Run ya a piece of light gauge utility wire between two nails on the outside of the blind. Then you can drape/hang that cedar/juniper over it and it will stay there. You can always slide it to the side on the wire if it's in the way. Add new fresh at any time.

I use wire and dead limbs where I hunt all the time for groundblinds. Tie a piece of wire between two limbs or trees and drape dead limbs and branches over it with spaces for shooting between or through. Then just untie the wire when I'm done and roll it up. Lightest blind I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Run ya a piece of light gauge utility wire between two nails on the outside of the blind. Then you can drape/hang that cedar/juniper over it and it will stay there. You can always slide it to the side on the wire if it's in the way. Add new fresh at any time.

I use wire and dead limbs where I hunt all the time for groundblinds. Tie a piece of wire between two limbs or trees and drape dead limbs and branches over it with spaces for shooting between or through. Then just untie the wire when I'm done and roll it up. Lightest blind I know of.

Good idea!

Comment

It will also work for tripods if you have two nearby limbs to tie the wire to. Helps break up your background. And if you can get two wires tied, break up your foreground too.

Comment

Heeded to my Dad's place to try to kill this dude!

I'll check in once in the stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X