Skinny and FND Live Hunt Challenge 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so freaking ******. I sat there for 15 minutes watching that pig feed in and out of the feeder. I'd hit him with the light and he'd kinda ease off to my right behind a bush. He did that several times. Then I heard him munching corn real close. I hit him with the light before he was in plain sight....he stepped out, I drew, and right as I shot he kinda did a half step back. Pretty sure I hit him high in the shoulder and probably missed the vitals all together. The blood wasn't frothy or anything. Boooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW6kVDiclxE&sns=em"]Crap Boar - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Well it sounds like you just had some bad luck with you this time.
        To bad you lost him but it sounds and looks like you've got a bunch of hogs left .

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Blood going down the ridge.

Last blood I found.

Hard to believe I didn't find any blood after that.

Comment

Oh man, and I know how you love a big spotted pig too! Looks like you had him close!

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
              Oh man, and I know how you love a big spotted pig too! Looks like you had him close!

Yep. Too close I think. Lol

Prolly 5 steps from my tripod. GoPro makes it looks further.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                Yep. Too close I think. Lol

Prolly 5 steps from my tripod. GoPro makes it looks further.

That's why I said he was close! Dude was practically in your lap!

Comment

Too bad Skinny and that was the bounty pig right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntinonly View Post
                    Too bad Skinny and that was the bounty pig right?

Sure was!

Comment

I think you may have given him too much time after the shot. He stopped and put on a bandaid at the bottom of that ridge.

Comment

I might slip down into the bottom today after work and see if I can spot anything I couldn't see last night. I've got a little time to find him before he can't count towards my total. [emoji1474]

Comment

I might slip down into the bottom today after work and see if I can spot anything I couldn't see last night. I've got a little time to find him before he can't count towards my total. [emoji1474]
                          Good idea!

Comment

That sucks Skinny. Hope you find him today. He was a purty pig!

Comment

Good luck on the recovery!

I shot my first hog with a bow back around Christmas, I hit him high and forward a little (best I could tell). I found the arrow with about 6" to 8" broken off and bright red blood 6" up the shaft that I found. There wasn't much of a blood trail. I was using a good four blade fixed head. Seeing you pros losing a pig every now and then makes me realize how tough they really are!

Comment

Originally posted by Cazador View Post
                                Good luck on the recovery!

I shot my first hog with a bow back around Christmas, I hit him high and forward a little (best I could tell). I found the arrow with about 6" to 8" broken off and bright red blood 6" up the shaft that I found. There wasn't much of a blood trail. I was using a good four blade fixed head. Seeing you pros losing a pig every now and then makes me realize how tough they really are!

Thanks. And yeah it happens...and is very frustrating when it does.

As I sit there, I tell myself over and over to pick a spot and take my time. Then I draw back and anchor....usually I'm good....but last night that pig was so close, and so lit up by my light, I don't know what I did other than maybe my light was too bright and the pig was washed out a bit to where I could not see exactly where I was aiming. I felt good I thought...until I released the arrow and saw the poi. Lol.

It usually takes me a couple days of rambling on about it before I get over it. [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X