Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking great bud!

Comment

It looks like you are really doing a great job.

Comment

Hey guys been a while on updates. I have some really nice bucks coming up. But this guy is getting impressive. He gave some good shots today.
        Attached Files

Comment

That's my cow pea patch.

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

111F??? Holy crap I thought it was hot down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                111F??? Holy crap I thought it was hot down here.

For some reason my Coverts are always off on temp.

Comment

Update for you fellas.

Well it's for sale, I have been hunting KS for a few years now and was told about a place for sale up there. So I went and met with the owner and we had a deal. 400 acres of prime grounds for 400k! I really thought we had a strong deal and he backed out. I knee jerked and put Grayson up for sale as two land payments was a stretch.

So now that's Grayson is on market I look daily for new place. This time we will double down and get a bigger place. We are asking 319k and that's a hefty profit and will appraise for it. We are just fine with keeping it too. So if no sale by March we will take it off market.

I have done a lot since my last update! Cabin is almost finished. I built it to be off the grid and here is a list of items done.

Foam insulation
                  Pine lap board on walls and ceilings
                  Wired for 110V low voltage and 12V
                  Installed 2 ea 100 amp solar panels
                  Controller
                  1500W inverter with 110 wired plugs thru out cabin
                  High end batteries
                  On demand propane hot water heater
                  Built in stereo system with DVD player
                  Low voltage TV wall mounted
                  12k btu mini split A.C. with heat pump - small 2000w generator runs this with no problem. It's 110v and requires 1300 W.
                  350 gallon water tote set in back
                  12V water pump with auto Psi shut off. RV type.
                  1000 gallon septic system. Yes it's over kill...
                  All lights are led 12V
                  I used Jeep/boat style rocker panels for all lights, fans, and pump
                  300 cfm boat engine compartment as a fart fan lol
                  12V ceiling fan

Here is the list of items in works
                  Dark stain wood flooring
                  Really cool 1950s farm sink ( need express from Sugarland)
                  Full shower, toilet, sink
                  Blinds
                  And furniture

So as for deer, I have them! Mostly does this summer with few bucks. I have learned one thing for sure, these bucks don't hit feeders. Only hand corn seems to work.

As for pigs! Got em and got em! Sick of them! Must have pens or they will live at the feeder.

As for Turkey, got them too!

For food plots this has been fun! I just cut my beans and sprayed Gly last Saturday. In 10 days I will turn fields and plans a winter mix of its, rye, turnips ect. Still working on final seed selection. I have a about 2 acres to do.

Please disregard typos as I did this on my phone with fat fingers.

Pics coming.

Sean
                  Last edited by Spearchunker; 09-19-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Some pics

Here are some pics of progress.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Few more
                      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome stuff, Sean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                          Awesome stuff, Sean!

Thanks man!

I will entertain Hagerman accommodations for food and beer exchanges.

And of course take me duck hunting and we have a place to stay.

Comment

Hey I'm in on that! Dan and I can show you some ducks!

Comment

Update for ya

Well opener was slow, but because I decided to sleep in both mornings. I have busting my butt on land and cabin and needed some rest. In last 3 weeks I have mowed, sprayed Gly, disc, and planted 2 acres of plots. Planted a seed mix from Dennis seeds in Denton and approx 1/2 acre of turnips, beets, and clover. In addition I finished most of the restroom. Sure is nice to poop and shower in doors!

Thankfully rains are there right now! It has been stessfull being a part time farmer and watching weather non stop.

The shooter I show in this thread didn't end up with much mass. So for now he gets a pass.

Been curious to see what moves in during rut and the expected pressure to my east from public lands and Hagerman. When I got the place in January I had 9 bucks on camera for a few months. I only have 3 the last few months. Hopefully that changes soon. My place is covered in acorns, English walnuts, pecans, and a few bur oaks.

Can't wait to see the plot action is as my beans really held alot of does this summer.

Sean

Comment

Some pics. Shower curtain is temporary
                                I have a frameless enclosure ordered.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Spearchunker; 10-03-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X