No announcement yet.

Stud showed Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you sit around debating that guy, next time you see him it will be on someone else's truck.

Comment

Stick an arrow in him then worry about age and score!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigC View Post
        If you sit around debating that guy, next time you see him it will be on someone else's truck.
        No debating, I'm definitely going to put an arrow in him if he presents himself! A mature deer like that has a big ol head which can make the spread appear smaller than it actually is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
          No debating, I'm definitely going to put an arrow in him if he presents himself! A mature deer like that has a big ol head which can make the spread appear smaller than it actually is

If he doesn't meet ARs then I will pitch in on the fine. He will make it!

Comment

Originally posted by sec View Post
            He's what's wrong with the 13 inch rule....Mature trophy buck and he MAY not make it.
            Understand the whole slot issue of some deer not making it outside of that AR but how many young deer did it keep alive? I'll take that objective much more than the few deer that slip through.

I gave that buck 12" inside. We have antler restrictions and have had a lot of issues with bucks not making the spread measurement. Not worth it to get fined, even though it's a good deer. Benefit of MLD properties where that doesn't come into play. Used to be a rule of 13" or 6 on at least one side made it legal.

As far as mature deer are much wider, I'd take that with a grain of salt. Out west and south, you can probably get 15-16" from ear tip to ear tip, not sure about your area.

Comment

He will make it. Put an arrow in him.

Comment

I'm sure we can get a go fund me going if he doesn't make it! Lol. I can see it now "Support Ambush in his great year of success. Killed a 150 in the Davy Crockett, now a 140 on 13 acres. Only problem is the 140 was 12 7/8 wide. Mr. Gamewarden doesnt cut much slack. Please take action to help pay for his mistake. God bless."
                Nevermind I take that back... you pay for your own crap while I stay jealous of your season. Lol Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

i am surprised that's the best one you got on camera in that area. good luck getting another mature deer this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                    I'm sure we can get a go fund me going if he doesn't make it! Lol. I can see it now "Support Ambush in his great year of success. Killed a 150 in the Davy Crockett, now a 140 on 13 acres. Only problem is the 140 was 12 7/8 wide. Mr. Gamewarden doesnt cut much slack. Please take action to help pay for his mistake. God bless."
                    Nevermind I take that back... you pay for your own crap while I stay jealous of your season. Lol Good luck!

He already shot a 150 on publlic land this year?!, I would take that as a sign and let this joker walk. What is his age?, I know of a 4.5 yr old last year that was 160, this year he was pushing 200, the jump they can make in one year is nothing short of amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by burn'n feather View Post
                      i am surprised that's the best one you got on camera in that area. good luck getting another mature deer this year.
                      Ive only been running a camera since Saturday, this is the first mature deer to show... im sure there are more Giants in and around that property

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post

If I can get on this deer it will be something special! Shooting my two best deer ever in the same season... after a long dry spell the cards are finally starting to fall in my favor

Comment

56 replies....and not a single score, unless I missed it. I think low 140's and right at 13" inside. Go get him Brad and we'll find out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                            I think he makes 13, people don't understand the ear tip to ear tip isn't a hard and fast 13. Mature bucks can be me much wider.
                            Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            Mature deer ears are 15"-16" wide. This deer is over 13". I'm thinking he is in between 14"-15" wide. Looks like you have a great chance at getting him. Good luck!
                            True. Bowwiz shot a mature buck whose ears went to the outside of the rack and he posted a picture with the tape on the inside - 15" inside.

I think he's 5.5 or 6 years old and he's not going to get any better.

Imagine that - 13 acres is all you need.

Comment

Last years buck 5 year old 13 1/2" spread scored 138. Yours is probably 6 and will go 150 ish. Good Luck
                              Attached Files

Comment

He is over 13" the body size and head size are deceiving .

Comment

Working...
                                X