No announcement yet.

Stud showed Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good idea, the covert will help you know when it's time.

Comment

I truly hope this works out for you the way you want it to. Only thing I would do is when you lay eyes on him in person I would scrutinize the heck out of that rack. I've strained my eyes studying the photos and I just can't see 13". I hope I'm wrong and he just has wide ears. Keep using good judgment like you are and prove me wrong! I'm pulling for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Poncho View Post
        I truly hope this works out for you the way you want it to. Only thing I would do is when you lay eyes on him in person I would scrutinize the heck out of that rack. I've strained my eyes studying the photos and I just can't see 13". I hope I'm wrong and he just has wide ears. Keep using good judgment like you are and prove me wrong! I'm pulling for you!
        My thoughts exactly! For me, that would be a buck of a lifetime! You made a good decision on letting the area rest, and if that wind ain't right, you definitely don't want to go in. you gonna try to freshen up your corn pile mid day or something. Looks like it's about all gone in the pics.

Comment

Covert showing good movement after daylight this morning with a group of does on corn for awhile. Like Ambush said, hope he wasn't bumped but I think he will come back in regular. Can't hunt it on a bad wind (we know where he's coming from) and need to make one minor adjustment.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I know this is not what yall were hoping for, myself included. Just can't afford to make a mistake, you slip up one time on a deer like this and its Game Over.

There is actually still plenty of corn, just kinda hard to tell in the pics-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

How much sleep are you getting these days?

I chased an east Texas monster for two years and certainly took some years off my life.
              I never got him, but I still think about it all the time.

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolch View Post

I chased an east Texas monster for two years and certainly took some years off my life.

Good luck!!
                Not much sleep at all... late to bed and early to rise. Find myself waking up every hour to check the Covert. I'm very thankful to have an animal like this to pursue, but at the same time it can be very stressful

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  Covert showing good movement after daylight this morning with a group of does on corn for awhile. Like Ambush said, hope he wasn't bumped but I think he will come back in regular. Can't hunt it on a bad wind (we know where he's coming from) and need to make one minor adjustment.

Johnny,

How does the Covert work exactly and how much does it cost?

Buy the camera and then add a line to your phone plan? Or is it a separate line on a separate plan?

Thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                    Me too. Or just to bring a cool beverage for an attaboy. Keep it up Brad, he'll slip one time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                    Haha whats up Jason... if this drags out to the last day im gonna need several of those cool beverages you referring too!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolch View Post

Good luck!!
                      What's going on my man? I believe you sent me a pic of a monster you were chasing in Montgomery County a few years back. Is the one you mentioned the same one?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Johnny,

How does the Covert work exactly and how much does it cost?

Buy the camera and then add a line to your phone plan? Or is it a separate line on a separate plan?

Thank you sir
                        I actually don't own this Covert, my buddy Coogfan on here does. I think he's got 4 of them. Lol This one is the 2016 model. You download "covert wireless" from your playstore on your phone then enter your email and password and you have access to the pics that are sent to Covert device (after you set up your Covert account). I'm not sure what it costs but I think you have to re-up your plan every 3 months...costs something like $20 or $30 every 3 months. Maybe someone else with a Covert or Coogfan will chime in when he gets back from South Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          I actually don't own this Covert, my buddy Coogfan on here does. I think he's got 4 of them. Lol This one is the 2016 model. You download "covert wireless" from your playstore on your phone then enter your email and password and you have access to the pics that are sent to Covert device (after you set up your Covert account). I'm not sure what it costs but I think you have to re-up your plan every 3 months...costs something like $20 or $30 every 3 months. Maybe someone else with a Covert or Coogfan will chime in when he gets back from South Texas.

Appreciate the info sir.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                            Haha whats up Jason... if this drags out to the last day im gonna need several of those cool beverages you referring too!

I would to lol. Stay with it bud and good luck

Comment

Ambush, you and Johnny are doing this right.
                              Hang in there and keep at him, he will slip up in the next 9 days.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your journey with the rest of us.

Best of luck.

Rwc

Comment

Well shoot...I read this whole thread waiting on the ldp....I will stay tuned for updates!! Good luck man that's a big deer for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X