Irrational family member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irrational family member?

How do you handle these folks? In my case, it's my oldest sister. I'm the baby of the family and the only boy. Over the years I've had to be the peace keeper as she always at odds with one of the other sisters. It's a long story and I could go on and on but I've finally had enough. She's very wealthy, her husband started a business 16 years ago and has been very very successful. He's a top notch guy and we hunt a lot together (hope that doesn't end). With that said, she's always strong arming everyone and pays for a lot of my parents stuff so they defend her no matter what. I've done well for myself (VP of a bank at 30) and my wife does pretty good being an escrow assistant at a title company with a bright future. With that said, we watch our spending and have goals we're trying to achieve. I say that cause my dad judges us by matewrlistic items to which I just don't pay attention and move on. Well these days she's at odds with my middle sister and I spoke up (for once) and spoke the truth and she couldn't handle it. It's to the point now where I don't want to go to Christmas on my side of the family because we never know what's going to come out of her mouth. She said some stuff at thanksgiving but i took the high road and ignored it. Just don't want to be in that position again and think it would be best if I just spent the holiday with my little family (4&2 yr old and wife) and go visit my parents the next day. Oh yea, my side of the family isn't doing Christmas til the 26th to accommodate her schedule. I'm open to advice as I'm a people pleaser but I'm just tired of it.

Plan a hunting trip as an excuse not to be there on the 26th.

Comment

Are you familiar with the bars of soap in the towels scene in the Marine Barracks on the movie Full Metal Jacket?

Seriously, good luck with that situation. I have no advice. I have never been there.

Comment

No need to make an excuse. Enjoy the day and the peace with your wife and kiddos. If anyone has a problem with that, be honest. The holidays aren't meant to be stressful.

Comment

You sound like a rational guy, which means you are un-equipped to deal with an irrational female....much like the rest of us.

I would say make sure she never directs her garbage at your wife/kids, and burn her down if she tries. Or just roll your eyes and sigh when she spews garbage...they hate that.

Comment

I have relatives like that on the other side of the familiy as well, it sucks....karma is a biznatch....do your thing and don't play in their mud puddle, they can get muddy all by themselves....avoid like the plague...

Comment

I will be at my house with my family for Christmas, y'all are welcome to come visit. No time for that crap.

Comment

Good luck don't subject the kiddos to that stuff

Comment

Originally posted by bermise
                  You sound a tad jealous

How do you figure?

Sounds like he has done well for himself and is tired of putting up with the family pia to me

Comment

Originally posted by Txbownut View Post
                    I will be at my house with my family for Christmas, y'all are welcome to come visit. No time for that crap.
                    I have been threatening this for years! I never follow through.

Comment

You sound a tad jealous

How is that sir?

Comment

[QUOTE=Dale Moser;12018089]You sound like a rational guy, which means you are un-equipped to deal with an irrational female....much like the rest of us.

I would say make sure she never directs her garbage at your wife/kids, and burn her down if she tries. Or just roll your eyes and sigh when she spews garbage...they hate that.[/QUO

This^^^^

Comment

Only so much fighting you can take. I wouldn't blame somebody one bit if they didn't want to deal with that

Comment

You sound a tad jealous
                            Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            How do you figure?

Sounds like he has done well for himself and is tired of putting up with the family pia to me
                            Originally posted by Deer Tamales View Post
                            How is that sir?
                            Yeah. That makes no sense.
                            Sounds like dear old sissy is a good old fashioned "rymes with punt".

Comment

That's the thing, my wife is very fit as she runs a lot and is a pretty woman. That sister is overweight and has been very rude about my wife being thin. My wife has never responded and walks away everytime but she's had enough too.

Comment

Working...
                              X