Best Pocket Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
    Some of the case knives do lock. I have a single blade that locks that i really like
    Yep, I have two different styles of Case knives that lock.

Comment

Chops!

Comment

Case

Comment

Case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 2 outdoor folding knives. One is my EDC.

Anyway, Swiss Army Knives, they're nice. I've got the Rucksack model which has a large locking blade and a saw amongst things. It's not UK EDC (every day carry) legal because of the lock and length of the blade. However I'm 31 and have no cautions or convictions so I'll keep it my rucksack for day to day stuff and take my chances. Depending on the copper there should be no problems.

I also like the French made Opinel https://mechanicguides.com/best-pock...for-whittling/ Available in carbon or stainless and in many different sizes. They lock with a twist of a metal collar. They're very good with wood or food. Tried and tested over many years and of high quality. They do the job for me, plus they're very cheap. Even though this is "old world" looking I don't EDC it. The SAK is far friendlier for a street Copper due to the tools on it.

Apart from the SAK I'm moving away from military knives for general work.
            I certainly don't need thumb studs or serrated edges.

If you want military looking knives no problems though.
            Life is short, carry the knife(s) you like, not the knives that I like.

One question, would you need a folding knife for the outdoors if you've got a 4inch fixed blade?

Comment

Sharp one

Comment

The best pocket knife is one that you will actually carry all the time and not leave sitting on the table because it’s too big. Some of these knives I see some guys carrying are huge. I gut/skin deer with smaller knives than what they call a “pocket knife”. I hate things in my pockets. My phone and a debit card is usually all I have in my pockets. I lock my keys in my truck so I don’t have to carry them (Ford with the door key pad). I found a very slim profiled Benchmade 940 that I don’t mind carrying at all. It’s very light. Has a nice clip. My Dad was a Case Knives guy. I still have them all, a nice collection, but I can’t take something like that loose in my pocket. It has to have a clip on it.
                Last edited by Trevor73402; 11-04-2018, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Another vote for the Opinel, I have one with Olive wood. Sturdy, light, and inexpensive. So light you can kinda forget it’s in your pocket.

Comment

Hen and rooster

Comment

One of these. 4.5" Tree Brand and a 3.5" Moore Maker
                      Attached Files

Comment

Outdoor Edge razorlite edc

Comment

Benchmade... Pick you favorite

Comment

Benchmade, my personal favorite is the bug out for edc. 2nd option would be mini griptillian

Comment

My EDC is a Kershaw tanto, the Link (1776grybw)

Comment

Small 3 blade buck, opens boxes, removes screws and cleans finger nails pretty

Comment

Working...
                                X