No announcement yet.

Hunting South Africa-Recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Africa is a wonderful experience. I have hunted in South Africa and Namibia with Namibia being my favorite country. For the animals you listed I would contact Afrihunt Safaris at afrihuntsafaris.com. Justus and Karla brits will treat you like family, modern facilities with an African flair, Things for your wife to do, very good food, great bowhunting stands, and he can help you with some sight seeing. A favorite place is Etosha Park only about 1 1/2 hour drive. I am returning in April 2017 for three weeks with a portion of the time touring north west Namibia to visit the Himba country. Check out his website.

Comment

Thanks for all of the reply's and PM's on this. I have heard alot of good stuff on Limcroma, Dries Visser, and Pawprint. Keep the information and suggestions coming, it is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
        This will be an awesome trip. My wife does not hunt, but loves the peace and quiet and the fact she doesn't have to do anything. They really do take care of you.

Everything RLadner said in post #15 is correct.

I have had the experience of hunting with Limcroma and will be going back. (2017 and 2018).

You will find there are multiple outfitters in RSA with outstanding reputations for animal quality, hunt setups, accommodations and food. Best advice I can give you is to do your research, and like mentioned multiple times above, find outfitters you want to talk to and go visit with them at the DSC show next month.

I chose Limcroma by word of mouth from several sources, but I still did a lot of research before booking.

Comment

I'll second Harry Nel and African Arrow Safaris. I believe he has the best quality animals in South Africa, and if you're a bowhunter he's got great hides. We went in June and four of us killed 25 animals over 11 days, all world class trophies. The facilities are top notch, they take a limited number of groups and you'll love the Nel family.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

I'll look into African Arrow Safaris too. Thanks!

Comment

Bringing this back. Has anyone gone to Victoria Falls before/after your hunt in SA? I would like to go, not sure how much of a hassle it is.

Comment

After looking into RSA, we opted to head to Namibia for our first trip to Africa. My daughter and I are booked for June of 2018, 12 day hunt. Prices are a bit lower, ranches are big, not many high fence places, still have lion, cheetah, rhino, and elephant roaming free in many of the areas. We booked with Otjandaue, but there are many good ones to choose from.
                  I've done tons of research over the past year and half, focus was on RSA in the beginning, but quickly switched to Namibia.
                  Good luck, it should be a fun trip no matter where you go.

Comment

What animals will you be hunting?

Comment

I don't have a lot of details and no experience with him. But Josh Hartwick shot rifle on my 4-H Rifle years ago. He is in South Africa right now hunting a ranch that he is going to be offering hunts on. I can tell you that Josh is as straight a guy as you will find. For example he just cut the asking price on his competition rifle setup almost in half so that a young 14yo kid could afford it. He could have easily sold it out of state for his asking price. I know that doesn't make him a great guide or outfitter, but at least talk to him and feel him out. Tell him Brian Gardner sent ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you strictly looking into rifle hunting or is bow hunting a possibility? If your interested in bow hunting, Dare to Bowhunt is your place. Unbeatable folks and prices are as good as any place you can find. I've been over 3 times in the last 2 years and have a Buffalo hunt planned for next August.
                        They only take a few groups a year and keep them small so they can keep the quality and service as high as possible. They can arrange side trips and get you set up for bigger trips like Victoria falls or Kruger, ect. My wife and I went on a fishing trip the first time we went and went to a diamond mine on our second trip. If you need any info, feel free to PM me.

Comment

Elandsafaris.co.za is where we went. Had a great time, our wives really enjoyed it and we took 11 plains game species. Alex and his brother Johnny are quality folks as are their wives.
                          We rifle hunted but they do a lot of archery as well. Definitely worth your time to check them out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

After 4 trips......and a 5th this summer I would definitely choose based on what YOUR expectations and wants are. Saving $100 or $1000 dollars here or there are really bad decisions. Enjoy the trip as it is worth the money and time!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              After 4 trips......and a 5th this summer I would definitely choose based on what YOUR expectations and wants are. Saving $100 or $1000 dollars here or there are really bad decisions. Enjoy the trip as it is worth the money and time!!!!
                              On the spot words of wisdom! If you do not care about quality of animals, then look for the cheapest, otherwise look at reviews, pics and references of all those companies listed above. On reference, look for both good and bad and weigh the options.

Lots of good companies listed above, but as some will say, buyer beware on some.

Good luck in your search and trip.

Comment

Richard Holmes is another one to look at!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X