Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That time of year is here (Looking for the big ears)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That time of year is here (Looking for the big ears)

I have 2 short weeks coming up and alot of road time. Leave about noon this Wednesday for Thanksgiving and chasing the deer in Eastland and Callahan Counties until Sunday. This is the only whitetail buck I got up there this last year and he came on Christmas Day.

Then the Folllowing Wednesday I am leaving for our Mule Deer trip. We usually go the last weekend but we had to change our plans a little bit this year and are hoping we have the success of years past. Here's some photos.

The one thing I hope to never experience again. This is a pic of our cooking oil frozen solid. The water in our ice chests was warmer in the chests than it was outside and when you would open it, it would freeze instantly in the bottle. It was 2 days before it got warm enough for me to sleep without sitting next to the bonfire.

Good Luck, Jason.

Keep us updated

Comment

Sounds like fun.............except for the freezing and such!

Comment

wish someone would cancel so I could go

Comment

Originally posted by Rsatt View Post
          Good Luck, Jason.

Keep us updated
          I wish there was a way to do a live hunt from out there. It would be a blast but we are over 50 miles from the best cell reception area. LOL

Comment

Looks like a good time is to be had....have fun and be safe!!!

Comment

Sounds like a great trip. Send me directions to your house and I will make sure that your feeder stays full and that no one takes a pot shot at the big 9 with kickers. Ya'll have fun and be safe.

>E

Comment

get 'em...

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
                  I wish there was a way to do a live hunt from out there. It would be a blast but we are over 50 miles from the best cell reception area. LOL
                  OK, Buddy.

Good luck. Enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by PERK View Post
                    wish someone would cancel so I could go
                    I already got dibs on first in line for that spot

Originally posted by aironeout View Post
                    Sounds like a great trip. Send me directions to your house and I will make sure that your feeder stays full and that no one takes a pot shot at the big 9 with kickers. Ya'll have fun and be safe.

>E

I already plan on being over there Thursday Morning to keep an eye on things and if that deer happens to show up I will make sure he doesn't leave...

Comment

sounds like Prosser was cheating on me. He told me I had ribs on the cancellation! =)

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        sounds like Prosser was cheating on me. He told me I had ribs on the cancellation! =)
                        Well I guess we could all go over to his house while he is gone and draw for time on stand at his house

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          I already got dibs on first in line for that spot

I already plan on being over there Thursday Morning to keep an eye on things and if that deer happens to show up I will make sure he doesn't leave...
                          Originally posted by aironeout View Post

>E
                          Luckily neither one of you know exactlly where I live just the general vacinity. I think I may even put a new lock on the gate when I leave so my boss can't even get in here. LMAO

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Ribs? Were you going to cook them?

Comment

where do you hunt mule deer at?

i have been invited to terlingua for a mule deer hunt but dont know if i will go. i have never been to terlingua of mule deer hunting.

looks like fun not very many places for a tripod

Comment

Terlingua is a decent spot. You should go Crittergitter. You'll be hooked for sure.

We hunt 35 miles south of Marathon going toward Big Bend National Park on 385.

Comment

Working...
                              X