Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.5+

Comment

Best way to tell is check his teeth on the tailgate. He would have died on camera if I'd been in the blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
        That deer is a deer you've never seen before and your on a LF place ! Kill him quickly

Agreed. A deer that looks like that that has never been seen before needs to be killed. With them passing him tells me they have and have killed better deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          I say mature, but I will say this about aging deer. I have a few friends that hunt a big ranch north of San Angelo and have been on a management program for a long time and have aged, by bottom teeth, for many years. Just this past year, they went to sending in the teeth to age professionally and paying to have it done and on the majority of deer that they aged by the lower jaw against real teeth on plaques or whatever they were using, they were low on the deer's age by at least 1 or 2 years and sometimes more. If you really want to know the age, only way to tell 100% is to have the teeth aged professionally which means paying money to have it done. It surprised a lot of the hunters and the landowners to find out how far off they were on aging deer via the teeth. Just saying.
          we send all our teeth off to be aged -

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            Agreed. A deer that looks like that that has never been seen before needs to be killed. With them passing him tells me they have and have killed better deer.

yes we have - we are highly managed and our number one criteria is age - at least 6 or older

Comment

Comment

Without a doubt, 7+ yrs old.

Comment

Originally posted by bentlimbs View Post
                  Without a doubt, 7+ yrs old.
                  Agree with this!

Comment

6.5+ awesome trophy

Comment

I am going to dissent and say he is a 4 year old that has an infection in his brisket area, which has caused fluids to fill and make it look old and shaky. I have seen calloused knees on three year olds and eight year olds, they are just part of the equation. I just don't see the age in all the other areas. He has some neat genetics, so why not let it ride for another year?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                        Brisket looks every bit of a 7 year old, face looks like a 5 year old. Tie breaker goes to his knees. They appear to be all callused. My lease has the 7 year old rule on trophies and I would have no problem killing him

This was my thoughts. I watched the video before reading any comment. Brisket and knees said older deer for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          or it was a 3 year old last year that no one paid attention to and had a 40" jump
                          Last edited by kyle1974; 12-06-2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Here are some pics of a buck from 2014 with a huge brisket, which he gradually lost during the season and then him in 2015, just prior to me killing him. This buck was real old. I see all the things everyone else sees and knowing what you guys have I'd probably pass him to be safe and if he goes down next year let a kid kill him...
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by jshouse; 12-06-2016, 08:45 AM.

Comment

with a brisket like that and shaking he is OLD!!!!
                              6.5+ easy

Comment

8.5 or older. He's got that old arthritic walk. The head on an old deer reverts back to looking like a young one as does the rest of the body.

Comment

Working...
                                X