No announcement yet.

Wilson County Rut Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jump starting the thread for this year's activity.
    I'm thinking it should get started and rolling in the next week or two.

Comment

I have been in my tree or popup about 5 days a week. I pretty much know every deer by name although we have new bucks coming through everyday or so and new does cruising through that don't live here. The bucks are dogging the does hard one day and the next they feed next to them, typical pre-rut activity. The does are running around trying to get the boys attention, have some big bucks hanging tight with a hot doe but w/in a day they aren't together. It is starting, it's like fore-play tho. lol This rain has got them eating fresh green grass sprouting up after eating corn and acorns they crave some greens.

Comment

Lol! I try to hunt as much as I can and encountered a couple of bucks id not seen before while checking fences.
        I figured on hitting it hard in the next couple weeks when I can.
        Last year the day I harvested my deer I saw two others running does within the hour after.
        One ran a doe right through my front field.
        Hopefully they keep the same schedule.

Comment

Rekindling the post to see how things are starting to look around the area.
          I haven’t seen much happening just yet in my area.
          Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by animalhse View Post
            Rekindling the post to see how things are starting to look around the area.
            I haven’t seen much happening just yet in my area.
            Good luck to everyone!

Ttt

Comment

Seen a big buck chasing a doe on the 10th nothing since, hopefully this weekend cold front will kick it off!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

There will be no rut in Wilson County this year because Radar forgot to change the time on his feeders !

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
                  Seen a big buck chasing a doe on the 10th nothing since, hopefully this weekend cold front will kick it off!

I’m hoping so too. My wife said the same thing yesterday.
                  I had a group of does and yearlings that we’re visiting the feeder daily up until yesterday and only a couple of the yearlings showed up.
                  The does maybe had other things to prepare for???

Comment

What part of wilson are you in? I'm seeing a few doe come in but nothing follows... only that one on the 10th so not sure usually by the 10 or 11th i see tons of bucks cruising

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
                      What part of wilson are you in? I'm seeing a few doe come in but nothing follows... only that one on the 10th so not sure usually by the 10 or 11th i see tons of bucks cruising

Just outside La Vernia, I’ve seen it anywhere between the 10th and the week of Thanksgiving in all the years I’ve hunted Wilson Co.
                      Last year I never really saw any chasing [emoji2371]
                      I wondered if this year might be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        There will be no rut in Wilson County this year because Radar forgot to change the time on his feeders !
                        Ha, I have not reset the timers and the deer are really confused

You boys hunting Wilson county now, need to pay attention to the trails going to water holes, my trail cams show bucks getting water about 7:30 pm. Rut started third week of October around my farm in Pandora, I should have some does coming back in to estrous very soon. Lots of acorns, but they are much smaller in size this year due to the drought.
                        Last edited by Radar; 11-14-2020, 04:29 AM.

Comment

I'm hunting the southwestern part of the county and have been the last 10 years.
                          The serious chasing is around mid November, and the week of Thanksgiving has proven the best time to be out there.
                          Also first week of December we've killed some good bucks chasing.
                          We know when the rut starts as we begin to see bucks we haven't been seeing.

Comment

They have been playing around for a few weeks. My big buck ran off chasing a doe 2 weeks ago and never came back until yesterday morning he was eating corn and paying no attention to the does as the little bucks were trying to get some love from the ladies. There is so much pre-rut activity it is hard to tell when they get serious. It will get more intense soon, but then the big guys get locked down with a doe somewhere and don't show.

Comment

I'll be in the stand starting tomorrow then for a week or so after on vacation trying to get the wife on a good wilson county buck! Hopefully the cold front coming makes a difference. im seeing plenty doe at night on cam but no bucks and a few does rite at last light but nothing following. Not sure but it seems to be dictated by cooler Temps on how much I usually see on the 10th and 11th of November.

Comment

Should be good this weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X