No announcement yet.

Hagerman Segment C 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a pic from a hunter there who's not a TBH member, I'm not gonna post it yet, to find out the whole story and who killed it...but DDAAAAMMMNNN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank y'all very much!

Comment

Legal deer stick an arrow in it yall have earned it Hagerman is by far the hardest hunt I have ever experianced. I have been putting in 1990 and still never killed anything but pigs GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

That deer is a beast sir. Congrats

Comment

Life is short fellas. Do what makes you happy. If that means being content with shooting a legal buck on the tail end of a grueling miserable hunt, eating tag soup because you passed on a 150" deer waiting on a "H" monster or heck even being a Richard on the Green Screen because you don't like someone else's opinion. I can honestly say I've been on the last day of a few hard hunts and I've "settled" for deer that I passed on day 1. So what. IT was my choice and it was legal. I agree that the best management practice is let deer grow up if you want them to get BIG but last time I checked that is the refuge staff's job to set the "slot" on what is killed out there.

If someone thinks taking 8-12 deer in the 3.5 - 4.5 age range off of 10k acres is the sole reason for a "perceived" decline in the quality of deer taken off of the refuge then they are entitled to that opinion.

I tend to believe it has more to do with every square foot of private property surrounding the refuge now being covered with supplemental feed, and hunters, educating deer. As well as the continual flooding that has repeatedly driven deer out of the low lying areas of the refuge into these surrounding private areas over the last few years.

Not to mention that contrary to popular belief 180" inch deer are still the exception to the rule not reality for the vast majority of hunters. EVEN IN GRAYSON COUNTY.

Comment

The reasons that each person hunts may be similar but none are identical. Likewise, the God given talent, experience and skill level of each hunter is unique. Finally, the internal drive and ability to persevere through a multitude of different challenges will vary greatly from one person to the next. With all these differences the one, consistent element of hunting is enjoyment. Enjoyment of being out in God's creation. Enjoyment of seeing the creatures and game that He created. Enjoyment of the challenge of the hunt. Add to this the enjoyment of the camaraderie shared with others who possess the same passion and it connects those that would otherwise be limited in their ability to share this very solitary hunt. Before you start passing judgement on those for doing something that you may not, consider posting your thoughts in a different thread.

I'll post the link to the different thread momentarily.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
                  Thank y'all very much!

Dang! Too bad there are no mature deer out there!

Comment

Jason Caldwell just found his buck.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That is a giant... know wat unit took it?

Comment

Congrats on that buck Jason. At least someone saw a shooter or even buck for that matter.

Comment

Congrats to the hunter. That is a special deer!

Comment

Thank y'all very much!

Awesome buck!

Comment

Still here.I hope the sun comes out.

Comment

Thank y'all very much!