No announcement yet.

Chevrolet 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on my third 6.0 truck. You can't beat em for a gasser. I've never owned anything smaller than a 3/4 ton truck and have had good luck with the 6.0.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
      Make sure it has 4.10 rear end gear ratio. We have had a few, and still have one with 3.73 gears, and its a dog! With the 4.10s it is a decent pulling truck. Its a solid engine for sure. Gas mileage is bad either way so please trust me
      Second this right here. My first 6.0 had the 3.73 gears and was just slow, not a dog but just was held back by the rear end. The 6.0 I drive now has the 4.10 and it will move and pull noticeably better. The 3.73 I got 12.5 mpg and with the 4.10 I get 13.1 mpg. It is definitely a solid engine that can take a beating and still keep on keepin on, that's why it's been around for a good while. I'll be upgrading soon to a duramax because I can't pull all the equipment without making multiple trips. Other than that I have never had a single complaint about the 6.0's.

Comment

Can not go wrong with the 6.0 very reliable motor.

Comment

The 6.0 will pass everything but a gas station!

Comment

Originally posted by deano70 View Post
            Wonder how easy the gears are to change out. With all the computer crap on the truck these days? The one I have my eye on has a 4.10 and I don't haul that much weight.
            Believe it or not the mileage is not much if at all better with the 3.73s in my experience. Around here if you hit an overpass with a headwind or a semi steep rolling hill with 3.73s even empty sometimes, the truck will downshift on every one, this causes them to absolutely drink more gas. Going up the hill they downshift, then going down they shift back to 6th. So in even rolling hills or driving with multiple overpasses they are constantly shifting up and down, up and down. This constant rpm change and revving the engine burns more fuel. Please I am almost begging you to get 4.10 gears. At least take both for a drive and find a steep overpass or hill. As far as the guys saying they have 3.73s and pull good, I have found the exact opposite to be our experience. My Dad and I have had several 6.0s and only one with 3.73s and never again will we make that mistake. That truck with 3.73s can hardly pull itself empty without downshifting

Comment

I have a 2015 3/4 ton long bed.... I really like this truck.

I have never checked the gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Gutierrez View Post
                7M STW
                Give me a call lets talk about the truck your looking for. I can deliver to your front door in Midland free of charge.
                We just became a sponsor on this site yesterday. See my previous post.
                My phone is 817-320-7336 you can call me anytime.
                Tony Gutierrez Moritz Outdoors
                If you haven't already contacted Tony you need to. These guys are a solid bunch.

Comment

I have a 2016 4X4 with 285 mud grip tires and a full front replacement. 10.8 mpg. But no problem with a trailer so far!

Comment

I've got a 2002 1500 HD GMC, 145k and going strong, 11.5 mpg and 14 on the road. I bought a 2015 Silverado to replace it but it's a Sunday driver for now.

Comment

I see lots of 11-12 mpg. Is that average? What are you getting on the highway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 2 2013's at work both 4x4 4 door single wheel. The 3500 has a flat bed, welder and fuel tank and I have to use the tow button all the time just to make it drive able it's gutless and gets a whopping 4.2 mpg.

The 2500 only has a tool box and is just as gutless. It constantly downshifts and gets just over 10 mpg.

We have had both trucks since new and have not had any major mechanical problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          If you haven't already contacted Tony you need to. These guys are a solid bunch.
                          True statement here

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                            True statement here
                            Thanks for the kind words guys.
                            Were here for you guys, Just give us a chance at your business and we will show you we want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex1986 View Post
                              I see lots of 11-12 mpg. Is that average? What are you getting on the highway?

I drove to new mexico and back and maybe got 15

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy just killed his 2003 6.0. It had 353520 miles and it just quit pumping oil. He drove it pretty hard. Just found out over the weekend his speedometer was off by about 10 mph at 75...so all those trips back and for the to the lease when he thought he was riving 75, he was really hitting 85. The truck had no issues handling that speed, but it is pretty hard on mileage and the strain on the motor increases (usually pulling a 14ft trailer and 4 wheeler)

Comment

Working...
                                X