No announcement yet.

Today's election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will stick to my hopes and beliefs that Trump runs away with this election, no one wants a pure criminal at the helm,

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Why is that?

I would think with oil & gas being so big in Houston they would want a candidate that's in favor of less regulation and more production. I'm I missing something?
      Oil and Gas is big in Houston but the Houston economy is more diversified now than it was in the 80's.
      There are more Democraps in Houston than Repubs working in the patch in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Congress is as or more important. If it turns Dem we are screwed. A Republican majority congress can keep her in check much like they have Obama.

While I agree Congress is important, what exactly has this Congress stopped Obama on other than a SC justice (and the only
        reason they grew a pair there is because it's an election year.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Um....okay.[emoji36]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
          You seriously think this country is united? Liberalism has divided our country to a point there is no turning back.....you know that.

Ftr....I wasn't making a dig at you personally

Comment

We will never be united as long as half of the country depends on the other half to keep them fed, sheltered, etc. The ship can't stay afloat when the workers limit themselves to 1.2 children for financial reasons and the non-workers hump like bunnies because that equals a bigger paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              While I agree Congress is important, what exactly has this Congress stopped Obama on other than a SC justice (and the only
              reason they grew a pair there is because it's an election year.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Stricter gun laws? No reinstatement of the Assault Weapons Ban? I am no political guru nor do I claim to be. It only makes sense for it to be best that one party does not have total control. Not rocket science.

FYI, Trump has been my guy since the beginning. I voted last week.

Comment

BoB, those had no chance at passing regardless..they were used as fodder to get their real agendas through , which the repubs did nothing to stop..even though they had ALL the necessary power to control...

Comment

Sorry, you are wrong.

He tried to reintroduce the assault weapons ban and many other gun regs but Congress blocked it bro.

If you think her winning and Congress remaining under Republican majority control is not better than her winning and the Dems taking back control you need to post less.
                  Barak got everything he wanted.....and then some. The Republicans having the majority in Congress will help......but historical they didn't stop shat. Don't go putting words in my mouth.

The democrats didn't want the gun control battle before the elections as well as immigration reform. They knew it would cost them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    We will never be united as long as half of the country depends on the other half to keep them fed, sheltered, etc. The ship can't stay afloat when the workers limit themselves to 1.2 children for financial reasons and the non-workers hump like bunnies because that equals a bigger paycheck.
                    Excellent analysis Chew. Had some renters one time that were Professional Tenants. Every time they were late on the rent, they blamed it on the "Govment". Said that their checks were late coming and they were plenty upset about it. I think that was when Reagan was in power. Guess Ronald wasn't as concerned as the Dems on getting the welfare checks out on time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Absolutely spot on. Soon it'd behoove me to just quit working & have more kids. Crazy but true!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Why is that?

I would think with oil & gas being so big in Houston they would want a candidate that's in favor of less regulation and more production. I'm I missing something?
                        Missing? The citizen make up of Houston, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Barak got everything he wanted.....and then some. The Republicans having the majority in Congress will help......but historical they didn't stop shat. Don't go putting words in my mouth.

The democrats didn't want the gun control battle before the elections as well as immigration reform. They knew it would cost them.
                          That's what I really meant....it has to help.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            BoB, those had no chance at passing regardless..they were used as fodder to get their real agendas through , which the repubs did nothing to stop..even though they had ALL the necessary power to control...
                            I still hope for Republican control of Congress to strengthen.....especially if she wins.

Comment

It doesn't matter who wins I will still put my faith in God not government!
                              And you would be very wrong.

It makes all the difference in who wins this election. Our very nation is at stake as is our way of life; hunting, shooting, etc.

Keep your faith as it is absolute but vote for those who support those things that you enjoy doing.

Comment

I still hope for Republican control of Congress to strengthen.....especially if she wins.
                                Yes....especially if hewins!

Comment

Working...
                                X