No announcement yet.

What RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always heard it's not if, but when, the slides begin to leak. Neither of our lease campers have slides, but would like the extra room. Seems it's getting tough to find trailers without slides, too.

Comment

I figure if ours begins to leak, it's time to trade it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What RV?

Have had several. Switched from a double slide fifth wheel back to a no slide bumper a couple of years ago. My wife didn't like all the carpet that I seemed to always be getting dirth in the fifth wheel, and the mice always found a way in the slides. We went with a very simple toy hauler. It is a work n play, so it is not fancy at all. It works great for what we need. Has a 12 foot garage in the back with rhino lined floor, so it can haul a lot of stuff. Has a full size Murphy bed in the garage and a jack knife couch in the living area. There is plenty of room for people to sleep in the garage area if need be. Its not bad, but gets a little cramped after about a week staying in it. Its a little long for a bumper pull at 34ft, but it pulls pretty well.

Comment

Started with a 27 ft bumper pull. Now HA 40ft Fleetwood.
          Sold our house October 2015 and have been full-time ever since. 32,000 miles and 48 states done.

Did get rid of the crappy sofas and put in Lazi Boy.

Last edited by 41Chevy; 02-10-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

BTW, we are currently setup at Mother Neff St Park. Arrived yesterday and will head back home Sunday.

I've made reservations through July thus far. One trip every month to a different St Park. July we will spend a couple weeks (-) at Palo Duro Canyon

Comment

What RV?

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
              BTW, we are currently setup at Mother Neff St Park. Arrived yesterday and will head back home Sunday.

I've made reservations through July thus far. One trip every month to a different St Park. July we will spend a couple weeks (-) at Palo Duro Canyon

Sounds like fun, except---->

In my limited experience with Palo Duro in July- it was HOT.
              Like 115 in the canyon where the park is hot.
              We lasted maybe an hour before loading up and getting out of there- went to the next destination a day early to escape the oven.
              Here's a pic I snapped on our way iut before it toggled over to 115-

Just throwing that out there incase you weren't aware.

Last edited by DaveC; 02-12-2017, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Decided to get a pop up last spring. The one I bought (2006 Fleetwood Santa Fe) had roof rails that would accommodate a rack system. My daughter suggested we get some kayaks. This has worked well, we can take 3 kayaks and 3 bikes with us. I can load everything myself. I don't have a truck now so I'm limited to the weight I can tow but this set up suits me fine. Spent the past 2 weeks in FL camping and fishing. My wife flew down for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by pblaetz View Post
                  Decided to get a pop up last spring. The one I bought (2006 Fleetwood Santa Fe) had roof rails that would accommodate a rack system. My daughter suggested we get some kayaks. This has worked well, we can take 3 kayaks and 3 bikes with us. I can load everything myself. I don't have a truck now so I'm limited to the weight I can tow but this set up suits me fine. Spent the past 2 weeks in FL camping and fishing. My wife flew down for a few days.

Sweet, I'm wanting a kayak myself, just hadn't figured a way to carry it. The Hobbies are heavy for a 61 year old weakling .

Comment

For those of you who have bought new trailers, how many times did it need service or repair within the first year? As I have posted before, we are having some substantial issues with ours. The dealer says EVERY trailer is seen at least 3-4 within the first year. Really?

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
                      For those of you who have bought new trailers, how many times did it need service or repair within the first year? As I have posted before, we are having some substantial issues with ours. The dealer says EVERY trailer is seen at least 3-4 within the first year. Really?
                      I could be here hours explaining my last 2.5 years of rv ownership. Long story short had to get rid of first one bc it was a lemon the replacement is better but stil has had problems.

The RV industry is a joke and they prey on ignorance and the fact that most people only use their rv's a couple times per year. The do not get in a hurry when trying to fix anything. It is a joke.

Comment

Damon Intruder Motorhome
                        Attached Files

Comment

We have not had a single issue other than me ripping the tv antenna off with a now branch. I would recommend Rockwood and especially the Minni Lite series to anyone. You will pay a bit more for it vs others but the quality and higher end finishes were well worth it IMO.

Anyone around the Jasper area want to get together, we will be going to Martin Dies Jr State Park the 9th-14th.

I just had helper springs added to the rear of the truck. I had to counter the level kit just a bit. Now I have a 3" lift all around. As soon as it needs new shoes I'll go 33 or 35"

Comment

What RV?

Sounds like a poor excuse for a sloppy made trailer manufacturer.

My trailer only had one issue when new- the water heater bypass valve opened itself. I called my dealer, he explained what to look for, problem solved.

I have since then shown two other new buyers where the valve is when they experienced the same problem ( not hot water with water heater working)

All 3 were different brand trailers.

Due to how sloppy some are built I have often recommended new buyers to take their first trip to a park nearest the dealer, staying there a few days, write down all the issues, take it right back to the dealer and have issues repaired before making a real trip.

Last edited by DaveC; 02-27-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for this thread......we have had a Allegro Class A, Puma Bumper Pull years past and currently have a old 5th wheel at the lease we would NOT take on the road.

Momma is retiring this May after 30+ years of teaching 3rd graders and I plan to hopefully retire this coming November.

We are diligently searching/researching for a Class A, at MINIMUM 35' with at least 3 slides. Our goal is either a "rear" pusher or Gas (lowest miles possible) that will hold us 2 Humans, 3 weenie dogs and Myla my Catahoula. Momma already has our tow vehicle, Wrangler Soft Top...so when we find the right unit we are set!

NO way we will or can buy new...so still looking for that "best buy," Lord there are plenty to confuse us? Maybe someday soon we can post "our" retirement buddy on this thread and join some of you at a "distant" stop and relax place??

I'm dang sure getting tired and we are ready to hit the road.....

Comment

2016 Passport. It has been good to us so far.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2131.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	24486284

Comment

Working...
                                X