Talk to your kids about the election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk to your kids about the election

I was shocked last night at the football game when I over heard my 9 year old grand daughter talking to another little girl about how the world was going to end November 9th .

I moved down and asked her where in the world She got that ideal.
    She said she was told that at church and everyone at her school pretty much agreed that Hillary would bring about the end of the world.

I tried to reassure her that such was not the case and that IF she won it would be another 4 years of higher taxes and what not but that we would live through it but She had pretty much made up her mind.

I grew up Southern Baptist and was pretty much told the world was coming to a end just any day now , but even as a little kid I figured out it was BS.

I never dreamed little kids were waking up every morning in fear that they were going to die in a week or so.

Originally posted by Buff View Post
    I was shocked last night at the football game when I over heard my 9 year old grand daughter talking to another little girl about how the world was going to end November 9th .

She said she was told that at church and everyone at her school pretty much agreed that Hillary would bring about the end of the world.

I tried to reassure her that such was not the case and that IF she won it would be another 4 years of higher taxes and what not but that we would live through it but She had pretty much made up her mind.

I grew up Southern Baptist and was pretty much told the world was coming to a end just any day now , but even as a little kid I figured out it was BS.
    I never dreamed little kids were waking up every morning in fear that they were going to die in a week or so.
    My southern Baptist mother-in-law thinks the world is gonna end if I have a beer.

Comment

During the Cuba Missile Crisis a lot of Americans didn't know if they would be alive in a week or not. People in DC close to the negotiations were actually sending their families to upstate new york because of it. So its not the first time it happened, probably won't be the last.

Anyways, you're right, people should explain stuff to their kids and ask how their day was, not just right now, but every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
        My southern Baptist mother-in-law thinks the world is gonna end if I have a beer.
        So how long do we have, until this evening at 5:01?

Comment

It's bad kids think this way. All joking aside though we as citizens should start fearing for our country though. As hard as it is to gain anything back once liberals change things Hillary could/would hurt us for a long time. Plus sooner or later we will fall off that cliff and not come back. No we won't die (most of us lol) but it will get real bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
            Lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My boy and his buddy (9) were talking in the back seat of the truck about Trump nuking Russia because he had bought all the nuclear codes but they also mentioned that Trump was the only one who could stop El Macho from taking over the Texas border. I got a good chuckle out of the conversation.

Comment

This is a good point Buff. I recently sat my 15 and 9 year olds down and talked about this, after hearing their conversation about how Hillary and Obama were from the devil and were trying to destroy us. I told them first that I don't necessarily disagree but I wanted to know their reasons for saying this. After a little stumbling around both stated that it's what they've heard but couldn't tell me why they believed this. That bothered me!! So we sat down and talked about why I value Conservatism and don't like the idea of Liberalism and a good discussion about don't decide your opinion of someone based on other people's opinion of them but instead on their actions.

Most of all, don't be scared of a person (except me) or too dependent on one either. They may can screw you over and make life harder or unpleasant but they don't control you unless you let them. Jesus is the only one who can save you!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  It's bad kids think this way. All joking aside though we as citizens should start fearing for our country though. As hard as it is to gain anything back once liberals change things Hillary could/would hurt us for a long time. Plus sooner or later we will fall off that cliff and not come back. No we won't die (most of us lol) but it will get real bad.

How ever true that is, I dont think it is healthy for a 9 year old to go to sleep worried about it.

Comment

How ever true that is, I dont think it is healthy for a 9 year old to go to sleep worried about it.
                    I didn't mean to tell that to kids. We should protect them some and ease them into to realities of our screwed up world.

Comment

unfortunately its not just the 9 year olds that need the help understanding this world. Too many of the people out there voting in this election have no clue.

Comment

My daughter is voting for the first time and when I sat down to talk to her about it she told me, before I had a chance to give my opinion, that she was voting a straight Republican ticket. I knew then, I had raised her right.

Comment

Everybody thought that the world was gonna come to an end if Obama got elected in 2008. Then they just KNEW it was gonna come to an end if he got re-elected in 2012. Sure, things would be better if we hadn't had such a terrible president for the last 8 years. But we're still doing OK. There is a LOT that we need to improve upon in our country - that's for sure. But a terrible president can't ruin everything single-handedly - especially one that's as inept and widely hated, even by people in her own party, as Hillary is.

The fix for all that is wrong is not going to be found in a political election. Politics is a reflection of our society. It is not what causes things to happen in our society. Our society will elect politicians that reflect the voters. The only way to get better politicians is to get better voters. The fix for that is God, not a politician.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/185643357"]Stop it! You're scaring the children! on Vimeo[/ame]

Comment

she seems to be a very bright little girl

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Everybody thought that the world was gonna come to an end if Obama got elected in 2008. Then they just KNEW it was gonna come to an end if he got re-elected in 2012. Sure, things would be better if we hadn't had such a terrible president for the last 8 years. But we're still doing OK. There is a LOT that we need to improve upon in our country - that's for sure. But a terrible president can't ruin everything single-handedly - especially one that's as inept and widely hated, even by people in her own party, as Hillary is.
                              I didn't think Obama would ruin us. Sure I thought he would screw things up just as he did but I don't think people thought he was the end.

And IMO Hillary is WAY worse than Obama. We had no clue what Obama would do or try to do. Heck we didn't even know he existed prior to him running the first time. We KNOW Hillary and what she's capable of. We know what she wants to do. Again, not saying she will end the world but she would be worse than Obama.

Comment

Working...
                              X